Responsible for managing "current state" to "future state" IT Compute Services. This is a highly visible role that will have constant interaction with various internal business units. This role will manage complex projects, working in a matrix environment to plan, schedule and execute projects for various-sized service delivery projects.
The Director of IT Service Management reports to the Vice President of Infrastructure and provides strategic leadership and engineering management for the server hardware, datacenters, Windows OS, and ESX/Virtualization globally. Additionally project responsibilities of new system design and deployment, application infrastructure, and proof of concept builds to improve the infrastructure. Reporting, capacity management, budgeting, hardware capital purchases and other duties as assigned.
The position demonstrates expertise and proven leadership capabilities in the areas of process improvement, team building, team management, and technical operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This leader will oversee and provide expertise and strategy in the following areas:
- Provides leadership and guidance for the infrastructure area providing design/architecture, installation and maintenance for the servers, data centers, Active Directory and virtualization environments globally
- Forecasts technology changes impacting demand and reviews analytics of utilization and availability to develop recommendations for future planning.
- Effectively communicates with vendors, clients, management, and technology staff.
- Facilitates and manages vendor relationships for infrastructure services and projects.
- Prepares recommendations and effectively manages budgets for areas of responsibility. Negotiates technology procurement and contracts.
- Establishes policies, standards, practices, and security measures to assure effective and consistent information and operations.
- Develops and implements appropriate professional technical development training programs for employees insuring skills are current and support the achievement of Information Technology goals and objectives.
- Ensure all infrastructure solutions are compliant with corporate and industry standards.
- Acts as performance manager for all direct reports including managing day-to-day performance, producing and communicating written performance evaluations, approving requested time off, and other points of compliance with Human Resource rules and regulations.
- Partners with Information Technology Leadership team to plan strategies and goals; develops strategic short and long term goals for infrastructure services that correspond to the overarching Technology Services division goals
- Architect, build, and maintain best in class hosting environments for enterprise applications.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction and manage people and projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively on both technical and non-technical projects, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of enterprise server hardware and software systems to include the ability to manage virtual server technology, and fully understand interactions with networking and storage
- Knowledge of network and voice hardware and software systems, to include the ability to manage DNS, DHCP, file and print services along with Windows softwareDefine the service delivery expectations from professional services vendors & lead the governance around it
- Manage internal customer relationship with leaders across the technology organization
- Manage the Capital & Expense budgets for the Compute Services team
- Partner with vendor management teams on vendor selection and ongoing vendor governance
- Coach & mentor team members, identify training needs to help their professional development
- At least 10 years of domain experience and 5-8 years of large enterprise infrastructure experience.
- 3-5 years High-Tech industry experience (software development / hosting)
- Successful track record of results in infrastructure implementation and operations within complex multi-national businesses.
- Cloud certification preferred (AWS, Azure, or Google)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical certifications
- 5+ years of senior IT management required