Contributes to the overall success of the Bank’s ScotiaMcLeod and ITrade (SM & iT) businesses (the businesses) ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provides support to the VP, Compliance, Brokerage, International Wealth & Insurance (the “VP”) in developing, monitoring and regularly updating the businesses’ Compliance operations to ensure that regulatory risks are managed effectively and efficiently and in accordance with the firm’s Risk Appetite.
- Provides support to the VP in the monitoring of regulatory developments, the maintenance and updating of policies, procedures and compliance systems, testing and monitoring programs, regular reporting to senior Compliance and business management and the timely escalation of material compliance concerns; provides expert advice and counsel to the businesses (and, upon request, to businesses in International Wealth).
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- College Diploma or University Degree
- 5 or more years relevant experience in retail brokerage business.
- Highly knowledgeable about the Bank’s businesses’ activities, products & services and organization.
- Able to assess difficult compliance and other regulatory issues, exercise sound judgment expeditiously with respect to such issues and defend decisions with management of the businesses.
- Able to effectively work with and influence business and other control functions personnel in the businesses to implement compliance-risk management initiatives.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with management of the businesses and local Compliance staff.
Requisition ID: 22190