$200K — $250K *
DescriptionResponsible for the effective implementation of the organization's compliance reporting activities with an emphasis on federal reporting including Electric Quarterly reports, resource adequacy, CARB reporting and trading operations. Responsible for technology & processes utilized to assemble the various regulatory reports provided to external regulators and Swap Data Repositories.
This would include managing any accuracy checks. Candidate will use a deep analytical skill set to leverage deal life cycle events and understand how that impacts reports, risk and compliance analytics. Should be comfortable with reviewing, documenting, investigating, and evaluating transactions in support of Calpine’s Compliance activities. Knowledge of commercial business model, Swap Data Repository reporting and wholesale/retail trading will be critical to applying any interpretative guidance regarding commercial compliance and related compliance analytics. Works to execute on department objectives and integrates regulatory reporting standards into compliance area. Will work closely with peer level operational management in providing advice on the interpretation and implementation of compliance policies and in evaluating the compliance implications of planned business activities or process changes.
Also responsible for ensuring effective remediation of non-compliant situations within its assigned areas, through the re-design or processes and testing of their effectiveness.
-As a member of the Compliance team for a large independent power producer, the candidate will work with commercial operations and settlements to ensure compliance with rules set forth by the various external regulatory organizations, including FERC Electric Quarterly Reporting.
-Serve as a liaison between the company and regulatory entities, which may include FERC, NERC, RROs, RTOs, CFTC, and other entities, on compliance-related needs including but not limited to reporting requirements.
-Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of company compliance efforts which cover procedure updates, evidence gathering and management, and tracking of requirements and reporting established by external agencies.
-Plan, develop, and implement training programs for commercial desk personnel to ensure compliance with rules established by the various regulatory agencies.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to prepare responses to regulatory requests for information, including but not limited to compliance audits, spot-checks, and self-certifications.
-Conduct departmental self-assessments to identify gaps and work with applicable personnel to implement mitigation plans to address potential concerns in a timely manner.
-Research new and emerging regulatory activities affecting the company and update impacted business groups and Senior Management as needed.
-Facilitate company outreach to promulgate information related to the Compliance Program to ensure that affected Parties are knowledgeable and up-to-date with all requirements.
- Assist deal clearing in the confirmation and tie-out of Financial Swaps as reported into the Swap Data Repository versus Allegro, Calpine’s ETRM system.
- Work with the Allegro team to enhance existing Dodd Frank reporting and monitoring (e.g., deminimis, special entity and PET event managing).
-Assist in the development, tracking, calculating and reporting of corporate compliance metrics to Senior Management.
-Demonstrate adherence to the company’s Code of Conduct, all company policies and procedures, and all laws and regulations that govern the company.
-Some travel required to participate in industry forums, and also to regional offices/plant sites to perform compliance assessments, gap analyses, mock audits, audit preparation and training of plant personnel.
-Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements- Bachelor’s Degree required with at least ten years combined experience working in an energy trading arena and/or compliance related field.
- Demonstrable capability in excel, VBA, data mining, analytical forecasting, programming (Java, J2EE, C/C++, .Net, PL/SQL, R) and database systems such as NoSQL, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience managing compliance issues with regulations approved by FERC, NERC, the eight Regional Entities, regional transmission organizations (RTO), and state agencies.
- Experienced and familiarity with the data fields associated with Regulatory reporting to FERC, NERC, ISO/RTO, State PUCs and Swap Data Repositories such as Trade Vault and DTCC.
- Data and position analysis background in energy trading, specifically natural gas and power
- Data mining experience and Cube experience relating to Allegro or other comparable Energy Trading and Risk Management system
- Occasional attendance at regulatory conference.
Valid through: 12/23/2020