Under guidance of the CHRO, designs the planning and administration of comprehensive and competitive Compensation programs that support the objective of achieving competitive advantage in the market from both a financial and people perspective across the UMMS system. Plans, develops and implements new and revised programs, policies, procedures. Assures through thorough audits, reports and personal contact that company programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations. Assists, as directed, in the administrative support of incentive compensation programs.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures. Using knowledge of and research about current trends, recommends program revisions as well as new programs which are effective, efficient, and are in support of and consistent with the organization’s objectives. Works with CHRO on implementation of new or revised programs. Develops and coordinates with CHRO on communication of new/revised programs. Develops analytical standards, program policies and internal/external procedures for consistent and equitable execution and implementation of compensation programs.
- Provides advice to management on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job design ensuring the delivery of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Oversees and directs comprehensive and thorough analysis of UMMScompensation programs through participation in market surveys, market analysis, trend analysis and research. Directs work of the team.
- Collaborates with Director Talent Acquisition on creating appropriate hiring grids and salary offers across the system. Ensures that appropriate document is maintained.
- Ensures that all job descriptions are documented and maintained. Makes recommendations for new/revised programs for job descriptions
- Assists, as directed, in the administration of incentive programs. Works closely with the Director Retirement Benefits on total reward programs for executives. Assists with executive incentive plan administration and calculation/payment of awards as directed.
- Oversees the hiring, oriention, training of staff. Provides leadership and technical guidance to staff. Develops standards of performance, approves staff performance evalutions and recommendations for personnel actions such as merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for the department budget.
- Directs the training to Management and Staff to promote comprehension of the compensation package. Assures that the team will deliver consistent and high quality service to employees.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations and ensures that all compensation programs are compliant with regulations including FLSA, ADA and wage and hour laws.
- Develops metrics/measurements to report out on compensation programs. Analyze compensation-related data and prepare graphical reports. Work with Finance to ensure that corporate budgeting/financialreporting provide appropriate data for management review and analysis.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required.
2. Eight (8) years minimum of experience in leading compensation initiatives and managing/administering compensation programs, leading and training staff , required. Healthcare experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of inecentive compensation program design and administration including governance guidelines, compliance and reporting requirements required.
4. CCP certification preferred.