At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We are looking for a talented individual for an exciting position on the Compensation Team. Reporting to the Vice President, Compensation and Benefits Programs this role is responsible for designing, managing and implementing compensation programs. One of the Director's key objectives is to champion improvement in overall compensation management capability and professionalism. To effectively lead the function in achieving its mandate, the Director and their team will spend the majority of time engaged in specific activities.
What you will be doing:
- Design and implement a Compensation Strategy, based on the Total Rewards Strategy, with guidance from the Vice President; maintain a strong focus on building the team and leading it to become more proactive in its approach to managing relevant compensation programs
- Design and manage executive and broad based compensation programs including planning, budgeting, and effectiveness tracking
- Design and manage Short Term and Long Term Incentive programs
- Support the Vice President with preparation of findings and recommendations for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors; includes preparing for meetings, developing and writing reports and managing follow-up items/projects arising for meetings.
- Support the Vice President in all aspects of executive compensation; work closely with HR Business Partners, coaching and advising them on executive compensation issues and supporting them in their efforts in communicating with executive team leaders on compensation issues and practices; collaborate on executive offer recommendations
- Manage the annual compensation cycles
- Collaborate with the Total Rewards team to continually share knowledge and identify and address opportunities for program and/or process improvements
- Provide compensation expertise in support of M&A activities to include leadership in due diligence processes and integration activities
Management and Leadership
Manage a team of senior compensation professionals to ensure the following prime accountabilities are met:
Developing effective and competitive compensation programs in order to:
- Improve productivity, performance and retention by maximizing the alignment of the investment with the corporate Total Rewards Strategy, and
- Ensure market competitiveness and internal equity
- Providing strategic compensation expertise and advice to HR Business Partners to resolve complex issues and challenges
- Driving HR operational efficiency by ensuring common compensation practices, processes and programs across the organization
- Establishing a robust set of compensation metrics
- Furthering expertise and awareness of leading industry practices, new developments, and emerging trends and making recommendations to enhance the compensation programs accordingly
- Inject into the function a heightened level of rigor, but not reached at the expense of getting things completed without 100% information
- Further establishing and managing external compensation consulting services
What you have:
- At minimum, 8 years directly related senior professional experience including a minimum of 2 to 3 years in a director level role, preferably in a medium-to-large size organization supported by a well recognized brand.
- Built a compensation team that has effectively become a key partner to the business and developed a proactive approach that complements an on-going track record of meeting the needs of the business
- A mix of experience within both a corporate setting and a consulting firm environment would be considered an asset
- Experience across a Total Rewards portfolio and Sales Compensation is desirable
- A strong understanding of general Human Resources practices and/or HR generalist experience.
- Excellent written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate and present issues to a diverse group with the purpose of identifying resolutions.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, balancing the activities of many priorities/projects at any one time
- The ability and track record in moving from a planning perspective to effectively operationalizing plans
- Solid financial and computation abilities, must be accurate and disciplined in capturing details and maintaining records
- Personal experience in executive compensation and, ideally, in managing tactical issues and matters executed by dedicated executive compensation-focused resources
- Experience in compensation reporting requirements for listed companies in Canada and the USA
- HRIS exposure and, ideally, experience with SuccessFactors
- A track record in providing leadership, mentorship and training to an HR team; has the skills and ability to recruit, develop and retain talent; believes strongly that success is achieved through the efforts of the team, not as an individual; can delegate tasks and projects effectively
- An ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and manage work outputs independently, and
- Solid decision-making and advisory skills.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will need to exhibit (or possess) the following key attributes:
- A passion for business that extends beyond the rewards function and into an active role as a change agent driving toward the goals of the company and of the HR team, specifically
- Confidence and executive presence; can handle the pressure and remain 'calm under fire'; through a 'quiet intensity', can effectively build context around an issue, quickly analyze the situation more broadly, and help validate arrival at the 'right' decision
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and is a self-starter with solid initiative and drive; brings a healthy curiosity and is comfortable with complexity.
- Someone who 'can stand their ground' and isn't afraid to engage in courageous conversations; not a 'yes person'
- Can adapt well to a culture that embraces face-to-face interaction and encourages an 'always accessible' attitude
- Proactive and assertive in their desire to have an impact on the business; brings a continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, highly influential and persuasive, superior presentation skills, both written and verbal, capable of conveying complex compensation information, business strategies, and actionable analysis to senior leaders and other key stakeholders
- An ability to be an agent of change and to create excitement and engagement of new initiatives
- An ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all divisional leaders and their HR partners; able to achieve results through others in a team-based and cross-functional environment
- Sound business judgment; not afraid to creatively and proactively present well thought-out recommendations for overall business improvements and solutions to issues or problems
- An orientation to results and a drive to succeed
- A high level of integrity; widely respected as one who is absolutely ethical and trustworthy, and, is flexible and adaptable to a high impact environment energized by challenging work
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & Compensation
Requisition ID: 151495
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]