Auto Plus SM is a U.S.-based leading automotive aftermarket company with over 3,500 employees in over 270 locations throughout the country. On February 4, 2016, Icahn Enterprises L.P. acquired The Pep Boys -- Manny, Moe & Jack with the intent to combine the operations of Pep Boys and Auto Plus. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been a leading automotive aftermarket chain. With over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, Pep Boys offers name-brand tires; automotive maintenance and repair; parts and expert advice for the Do-It Yourselfer; commercial auto parts delivery; and fleet maintenance and repair. Combined, Auto Plus and Pep Boys (the "Company") have approximately 23,000 employees in over 1,000 locations in the United States and Puerto Rico and $3 billion in annual sales.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, plans, guidelines, and procedures recommends plan revisions as well as new plans to be in line with compensation trends and company objectives.
- Provide recommendations on pay decisions (new hires, promotions, pay rate adjustments and classifications), policy and guidelines interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related issues.
- Responsible for design, modeling, and implementation and centralization of compensation plans and its performance objectives within our sales organization
- Leads compensation projects and the compensation integration for mergers and acquisitions.
- Ensures compliance through audits and reports that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policy and all government regulations
- Supervise the daily activities of team members.
- Travel for acquisitions, training and other business meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and heavy organizational skills required.
- Strong process improvement and project management skills
- Heavy business acumen and change agent through shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive data, and multi-task so that deadlines can be met
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Experience and Credentials
- B.S in HR, Business Administration or related field
- 8-10 years of experience in Compensation
- MBA or CCP preferred.
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience.