The Director of Compensation will report to the SVP of Human Resources. In this important role you will manage the design, development, implementation and administration of the Company’s compensation programs.
- Compensation Administration: Ensure that market database is updated, review and update compensation policies and procedures; review and make recommendations to changes in U.S. salary ranges; ensure that job titles, grades, and job levels are up to date; and develop compensation education materials – manager’s guide, leveling guidelines, intranet site, etc.
- Job Evaluation Process: Review all (new) job descriptions to ensure accuracy in grade, title, level, and FLSA status; oversee annual and ad hoc market pricing of U.S. and Canadian jobs. Partner with HR Directors and Managers as well as Recruiters to provide advice and recommendations to client managers; and lead project management of special ad hoc analysis – e.g., sales compensation, etc.
- Sales Incentive Plan (SIP) Administration: Responsible for project management of sales plan design process, including evaluating the plan’s effectiveness, proposing plan changes, and coordinating metric and cost modeling; prepare plan budget; draft plan document; prepare plan etc
- Corporate Incentive Plan (CIP) Administration: Provide cost modeling support for plan design; support preparation of presentations; and develop employee communication materials. Assist in plan development and modification as needed to ensure internal equity in Incentive plans.
- Merit and Bonus Cycle Management: Manage and administer annual merit budgets and guidelines; calculate bonus funding allocations; lead design, testing, and implementation of merit and bonus system; preparation of calibration reports; and coordinate with Payroll and HRIS for salary adjustments and bonus payments.
- Long term incentive plan administration: Manage LTIP program for key team members, prepare annual statements, send updated letters, work with finance to track vesting and interest.
- Executive Compensation Support: Provide support to SVP, Human Resources on executive compensation projects, including, but not limited to annual executive compensation analysis, etc.
- Reorganizational support: Play a key role in supporting department reorganizations, including job evaluations, assessing potential compensation impact, providing compensation change recommendations, etc.
- Due Diligence: Acts as HR point of contact for due diligence requests; prepares and coordinates requests with Benefits, HRIS, and Recruitment.
- Maintain up to date survey information and work closely with business units on new location start ups.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7 years of Compensation experience, including experience with all of the following: job evaluations and market pricing; developing and evaluating salaried (i.e., exempt) compensation structures; implementing a merit and bonus process; and preparing cost analyses, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, solid Word and PowerPoint skills required.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and administering Sales Incentive Plans preferred.
- Executive compensation experience preferred.