Oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company compensation functions for North America and EMEA. Prepares job descriptions, conducts job evaluation and salary surveys, establishes salary structures, develops salary budgets and prepares policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation. Works with line management to assess competitive labor market trends. Maintains a working knowledge of federal and state legislation and labor contracts that may affect compensation policies. May be responsible for incentive and bonus plan design and administration programs to attract and retain employees. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible to support the development, implementation and administration of base pay and incentive compensation policies and programs.
- Ensure base pay and incentive programs are designed to be competitive with market practice and enable Micron to attract, reward, retain and engage TMs
- Ensure programs and practices are in compliance with labor and tax laws by country and location
- Provide support for and serve as the primary point of contact for site leaders and HR on all incentive program related issues and for base pay program related issues for the EMEA and NA regions
- Provide leadership and advice to the team by serving as the functional expert in designing and reviewing programs
- Lead participation in market surveys and performance of market analysis to develop and recommend changes to programs, guidelines or practices
- Lead team in staying abreast of changes to statutory requirements and governance practices
- Lead team in providing consistent, high-quality service to customers through conformance to established guidelines, standards, policies and practices
- Coach and provide career development for team
- Establish goals and provide performance feedback, recognition and discipline
- Ensure operational excellence and performance of our current Compensation programs
- Inspire, lead, and mentor your team members for their development and ensuring accountability to both results and behaviors
Qualifications and Experience
- Robust understanding of key HR concepts and practices (employment law, compliance, engagement, retention, performance, compensation, talent acquisition)
- 7+ years of experience leading cross-functional regional projects of significant scope, complexity, and of a highly sensitive nature.
- Knowledge of HR systems, programs and global footprint, trends
- With international activities, conference calls in the early morning or late evenings are a normal course of business. Flexibility on both your part and the company's is expected.
- Many activities within your organization are highly confidential and will require discretion.
- BS in HR or Business
- Masters level degree or MBA preferred
- CCP certification preferred