Directs the design, development, governance, and administration of compensation programs globally to be responsive to Company’s compensation goals and competitive practices.
- 1. Line management responsibilities, including professional development, performance appraisals, and employee counseling for junior and management staff. Assigns project work and reviews workload for all direct reports. Manages staff by establishing goals that will increase knowledge and skill levels and by delegating tasks commensurate with skill level.
- 2. Oversees compensation support/counsel and offers/reviews creative solutions to global compensation-related issues. Finalizes and approves recommendations on external employment offers, job leveling, promotions, internal equity, and geographic differentials. Partners with senior management for the development of compensation tools and systems to aid in corporate business.
- 3. Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures, recommending strategic plan revisions which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends.
- 4. Analyzes market pricing of jobs. Participates in the match of internal positions with external data in salary surveys and compiles submissions. Makes recommendations on market adjustments. Analyzes data for market trends.
- 5. Ensures globally compliant and accurate job descriptions are on file for all active job titles.
- 6. Manages corporate incentive plans. Prepares incentive plan communication materials.
- 7. Directs compensation planning activities, annual performance review, and merit increase cycle.
- 8. Works with HRIS team to ensure the system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to job titles, salary grades, salaries, bonus plans, etc. Utilizes HRIS for standard and ad hoc reporting.
- 9. Participates in establishing and implementing a total compensation strategy.
- 10. Prepares and edits employee communications designed to provide employees with timely and accurate information. Creates employee communications materials, including but not limited to, memos, Company announcements, organizational changes, and intranet materials reflecting the Company’s key messages.
- 11. Ensures compliance with laws and regulations which impact compensation plans and policies.
- 12. Responds to or delegates human resources policy and procedure related questions. Performs research on topics and consults with senior department members as needed.
- 13. Leverages available external resources. Networks with colleagues in compensation field. Participates in contract negotiation and selection of outside vendors for global compensation services, as needed.
- 14. Develops and administers compensation budgets, including merit increase budgets.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field. Extensive related experience as a human resources professional with significant focused compensation experience and some line management experience. CCP, GRP, and/or S/PHR certification preferred. HR systems, PeopleSoft, and global compensation experience preferred. Thorough knowledge and proper application of relevant employment laws. Excellent leadership skills. Strong MS Office skills with advanced Excel skills. Ability to demonstrate strong, persuasive verbal and written communication skills. Ability to identify creative solutions and implement with minimal direction. Ability to facilitate presentations, meetings, and training programs. Professionalism and effective ability to manage confidential information. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
North America - USA-NC-Morrisville-1030-SyncSt
Yes, 25 % of the Time