What You’ll Be Doing
At Solera, we believe in providing clarity and focus to what our employees are responsible for-- their mission. The 80’s, as we call them at Solera, are the priorities associated with their role or mission. The mission 80’s for this role, are:
- Drive the compensation strategy, based on business objectives, sales cycles, customers and need to reward talent based on exceptional performance; provide comprehensive consultative and analytic support to the business and human resource management on compensation strategies, programs, integration and practices.
- Design, develop and implement the administration of the N. American region-specific compensation/ performance management programs, practices and policies including:
Provide compensation solutions covering a wide range of pay issues including job structure and salary range development, base pay administration, incentive comp plan structures and pay guidance. Evaluate jobs at all organizational levels, research, analyze and summarize market data and pay practices.
- Compensation strategy & design
- Merit planning
- Incentive & Sales Planning including commission structures
- Job Architecture
- Position Management
- Market data/benchmarking
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
- Work closely with Corporate and N. America business leadership, HR and Finance team in developing the compensation strategy & roadmap.
- Enforce the pay for performance principle; implement clear metrics to measure outputs, competencies and performance; clearly communicate the compensation and incentive plan guidelines to associates.
- Perform job analysis and create a compensation structure that ensures positions (job titles and levels) are aligned. Identify applicable role for each associate and ensure those are reflected in HRIS systems.
- Align compensation ranges for each role with Solera’s compensation strategy.
- Provide geographic differentials across N. America to assist Talent Acquisition team to attract talent in varying markets.
- Provide market data and training to senior management, prior to merit drill, to ensure managers have the market compensation knowledge to identify potential pay gaps when reviewing associate’s jobs, career level, pay and performance.
- Perform staff support activities to develop, implement/administer compensation policies and programs and administration of domestic programs.
- Audit jobs for content and prepare job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements.
- Develop/participate in compensation surveys to collect and analyze salary information to determine company's competitive position.
- Review proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices.
- Recommend corrective/alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems.
- Formulate recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
- Review existing/proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Remain current on industry trends, best practices, compliance, new/progressive processes, etc., that enable Solera to achieve higher levels of organizational excellence;
- Develop guidelines for performance assessments. Advise HR peers on compensation practice and policy.
- Build meaningful and productive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Work closely with Finance and line managers to interpret plans.
- Prepare special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation or stock options.
Are You Qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, mathematics, business administration or relevant degree is required. Advanced degreepreferred.
- 10+ years of related professional experience.
- Knowledge of current market trends and practices within other industries would be ideal
- Senior HR leader with a demonstrated track record in an entrepreneurial culture delivering sustainable business results through best-in-class total rewards practices that build a foundation for scale and growth.
- Ability to shape the macro-strategy around compensation, while also not afraid to dive into the details of implementation.
- Best in class compensation philosophy with the ability to deploy a new program in North America.
- Served as part of a world-class organization, understanding dimensions of a healthy, vibrant culture driving a “best places to work” environment, while also able to work within a growing, entrepreneurial and often ambiguous environment.
- Culturally sensitive and knowledgeable of human resources issues including diverse regulatory and cultural issues and operating practices.
- Strong strategic and analytic skills, business and financial acumen. Able to assess processes and outcomes by establishing solid metrics of performance.
- Able to effectively balance competing priorities to fulfill all stakeholder expectations.
- Comfortable working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook); an Excel guru