ZipRecruiter is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable security engineer to join our efforts in securing our production data and systems. This is a hands-on engineering role where you'll collaboratewith the ZipRecruiter engineering team to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities, provide security guidance and best practices, and be an advocate for an overall culture of security.
What you'll be doing:
- Reviewing and refining production security systems.
- Participating in security scans (3rd party/In-house).
- Participating in incident response.
- Proposing and implementing production security improvements (WAF, IDS/IPS, XSS testing, incident response process, etc.).
- Triaging and prioritizing issues reported through our bug bounty program.Patch/update management (responding to and mitigating industry-wide exploits).
- Focusing on data security, including identifying personally identifiable information and working withengineering teams to limit access to it.
What we're looking for:
- Strong software engineering skills in a Linux environment (preferably perl and/or python).
- Strong knowledge of web development security best practices.
- Experiencewithsecurityproducts (WAF, IDS/IPS, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of ssh and security in a Linux environment.
- Experiencewith AWS security (security groups, IAM, VPC, etc.).
- A fun environment where work-life balance is valued
- Opportunities for advancement as our young startup grows
- Very competitive salary
- Generous bonus plan
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Competitive benefits package
- Healthy snacks
- Local gym discount
- Attractive paid time off policy - Open/Flexible vacation policy
ZipRecruiter is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This organization uses E-Verify.