• Manages team of community relations professionals, promoting and supporting the growth and development of each individual and ensuring their work is meaningful and bringing value to the company
• Regularly assesses community relations strategies and plans, including support for general corporate initiatives and LCEF grants, to ensure alignment with Lowe’s purpose and continuously elevates ways to build our brand in the communities where we live, work and do business. Provides strategic updates and progress regularly with senior management and Lowe’s Board of Directors
• Ensures pool of grant opportunities for consideration serves the diverse communities in which Lowe's operates, including working with international staff to develop relevant community outreach and provide corporate support
• Serves as lead relationship manager for non-profit organizations and builds new relationships that support the company's CSR and business objectives in the future, creating a portfolio of opportunities for the company and/or LCEF consideration
• Works directly with executive/senior management to formulate messaging on key community involvement issues, and proactively identifies community Board seats for senior leaders, as needed to support national and local community involvement efforts and Lowe’s overall reputation
• Develops and executes community activation plans nationally and through a local employee network to build awareness of our initiatives, drive engagement and involvement and ultimately help build Lowe’s brand.
• Leads disaster response efforts for the company including directing the giving strategy and activation plans with employees, vendor partners and non-profits, working closely with corporate communications and marketing to communicate our efforts internally and externally.
• Oversees the tracking and success of philanthropic activity of the company and foundation, utilizing social responsibility and customer/employee awareness metrics, to provide accurate reporting regarding use of funds and status of projects to executives and as part of the external corporate responsibility report.
• Creates major community relations announcements with team, including serving as a spokesperson as needed, in conjunction with the public relations department
• Represents the company at major community relations events, awards presentations and public speeches, as appropriate
• Develops and executes processes, tools and technology that encourages employee volunteerism and ways to effectively communicate social responsibility messages to Lowe’s employees to increase awareness and improve employees' view of the company
• Monitors issues in community relations and corporate/foundation philanthropy and anticipates/prepares for potential impact to Lowe’s from such issues
• Bachelor's Degree Business, Communication, or
• 8-10 years of experience in corporate community relations, foundation, nonprofit organization or public relations/corporate communications fields
• Experience managing a team of direct reports
• Experience managing large financialbudgets
Job ID 1370430BR