The Community Outreach Director plays a vital role in supporting the mission and growth of the Barry Law network through engaging with community members in order to establish a relationship with – and motivate – prospective strategic partners to join or align with our community.
This position requires an established presence in the Orlando local community, entrepreneurial and outgoing personality, great communication skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and communicate efficiently and effectively to a variety of different audiences (including school staff, and community partners).
The compensation for this position will be
- Work directly with the Dean to align relationship building and outreach efforts with the law school’s strategic priorities. Specifically, develop and cultivate relationships with local entities including, but not exclusively: Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando, various Bar Associations (Florida Bar as well as local), regional health service providers (hospitals, foundations), local and national non –profits (United Way, Make-A-Wish, etc.).
- Build and establish a plan and targeted prospect list for potential business partners in the area. Cultivate the relationships with community partners through visits, phone calls, emails and social media interaction in garnering support and sponsorships for the law school. In addition, catalogue and coordinate all sponsorships already provided by Barry Law.
- Create clear messaging for partners about benefits of a strategic alliance. Network within the community to help build the Barry Law name and maintain awareness of community needs; find and establish possible synergies with other local businesses.
- Research and identifying potential grant opportunities, funding sources and donors for the law school and the ability to write and apply for grants.
Coordination and management: Manage the Board of Advisors in coordination with the Dean; organize the agenda for regular meetings, recruit and develop new members. Establish and implement guidelines to maximize opportunities for building relationships with external stakeholders, including prospect cultivation and donor relations. Work with the Dean to cultivate small gift donations and establish opportunities for major gift donations.
- Assist Marketing and Public Relations Director in discovering public relations opportunities and in promoting Barry Law students, faculty, programs, and activities to corporate, alumni and community partners. Funnel creative content disseminated from the marketing department to constituents to establish strategic partnerships in legal community.
- Ensure presence of Barry Law at local community events on a weekly basis. Work with Events Director to identify opportunities for alumni / community engagement in campus and community events, and building pipelines for engagement of new alumni and community partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related field is required. Any equivalent combination of experience with event planning, volunteer management, alumni relations and/or fundraising that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may substitute for some of the education.
- JD is preferred.
- Three to five years of work related experience.
- Expertise in computer technology, including Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge donor software.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent skills and experience with complex events.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and focus on positive outcome of events in adverse situations.
- Evening and/or weekend work may be required.