SCOPE OF POSITION
The Director of Community Engagement reports directly to the VP of Health Programs and is responsible for the following:
- Provides input into the development of the population health plan as it relates to the regional practice based community
- Ensures effective implementation of the population health plan in partnership with the regional practice based community
- Oversees and evaluates the regional community health specialists to ensure effective communication, relationship development, and partnership with regional community based organizations and their staffs and the implementation of the population health plan
- Works effectively with Ballad Health strategic planning, business health, marketing staff members, and others to ensure that practices affecting population health goals in the plan are implemented effectively
- Coordinates effectively with the Director of Data and Evaluation and Health Resource Center Manager to ensure implementation of effective programming, tracking and evaluation
See Table of Organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The Director of Community Engagement will possess a bachelor's degree in marketing, business development, public health, health policy or related field; master's preferred. 3-5 years of experience in public health, community relations, business development with history of progressive responsibility is required. Exceptional communication skills, strong presentation skills, ability to effectively manage a team and motivate others is highly preferred.