The Director of Communications will be expected to work closely with leaders within the marketing organization, and responsible for working downstream with functional experts to ensure execution of earned communications is consistent, effective, on-brand, and compliant across owned/earned/paid media campaigns, community activations, and sales enablement.
- Partner closely with senior executives, business leaders, marketing and members of the Communications team to develop comprehensive communications programs.
- Provide counsel to business leaders and other internal partners related to strategic business positioning and issues management.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with industry stakeholders, with particular focus on business/health and trade media across channels (print, broadcast and social).
- Partner with the Investor Relations teams on financial communications.
- Support executive speaking opportunities, including speech writing.
- Lead a growing team of communicators supporting our growth areas.
- Create media plans that incorporate how Oscar will leverage owned, social, and paid content to amplify reach; executing on those plans through project management, content creation, pitching, coordinating with press outlets, and staffing briefings.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across Marketing, Communications, and the larger organization to support your earned media strategies, unearth new story ideas, elevate the communications team, and embed the team alongside core operations.
- 10+ years of experience in PR and communications working for a strategic communications agency or in a similar role inside a company.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of communicators.
- Experience working with an extensive list of strong media contacts at outlets that are core to Oscar’s earned media strategy with reporters, who will always answer your call.
- Experience managing multiple time-sensitive projects at once, including for C-suite-level executives.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry, with an understanding of payor, provider, and patient dynamics.
- Experience working for a high-growth company.