At Nextiva, we don't study industry trends and build our products and services reactively; instead, we look to be the leader in defining the trends, during these unprecedented times.
We strive to be the best of the best across multiple technology channels – UCaaS and SaaS to name a few. We are determined to help write the future for businesses around the globe by creating innovative products and an agnostic platform that delivers first-class communications tools in the hands of every business. We are a global team of the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications.
We are actively looking for amazing people, like you, to join our team!
Communications at Nextiva is a team sport. As the Director of Communications, you will collaborate heavily with senior leaders across the company, including those from sales, product, customer support, the executive team and all areas of marketing to help establish Nextiva as the leader in the UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) market.
The Director of Communications will be responsible for Nextiva's internal and external communications strategy - encompassing a variety of functions such as thought leadership, public relations, social media, events, channel marketing and analyst relations activities.
- Develop a comprehensive communications strategy that will allow Nextiva to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers
- Oversee public relations, influencer marketing, analyst relations, internal communications and social media for Nextiva
- Direct all influencer and thought leadership strategies
- Collaborate with demand generation to take Nextiva's social media marketing to the next level - driving meaningful traffic and engagement across key channels with a major focus on LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook, Instagram and Nextiva Blog
- Take the lead on evangelizing awards and achievements earned by Nextiva, both internally and externally. Craft messaging for various channels such as press releases, social media, executive thought leadership, events and more
- Get the entire Nextiva organization, over 1000 employees, behind the brand narrative and transform them into marketing advocates for Nextiva
- Report directly to the Vice President of Corporate Marketing and play a key role in the marketing organization
- Senior, experienced influencer - a hybrid strategist and leader who will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media, influencers, analysts and internal and external stakeholders.
- Prolific writer with exemplary copywriting and editorial skills. Your ability to craft brand messaging for various marketing channels must be extraordinary across the board
- Player-coach who can manage and motivate a team
- A minimum of 7 years of experience and a proven track record of success at an executive level performance with a fast growth company
- Domain expertise and experience at enterprise software/technology (SaaS) companies is preferred. Experience in UCaaS, customer experience software, sales/service management or demand gen products for SMB is highly desired
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier technology and business reporters and editors.
- Successful history of positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive, strategic communications, media relations program and social engagement to advance Nextiva’s mission and goals
- Possesses creative and thoughtful insight on how an integrated brand approach positively impacts the lifecycle and consistency of communications
- Experience in mentoring and coaching marketing communications specialists - as well as project managing a high volume of requests from various departments across the organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills