SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 200 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 3,000 physicians.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
SCA is currently accepting applications for a Director of Communications on its communications team. The Director of Communications will work with the Senior Director, Communications to ensure consistent messaging across external communication channels and support company-wide strategic communication initiatives. Collaborate on internal communications to support a fully integrated, strategic marketing communications team.
The Director of Communications will lead comprehensive communication strategies to core audiences including teammates, physician partners and external media in line with SCA?s vision, mission, strategy and values.
Key areas of focus would include the leadership, development and execution of strategic communications to primarily external audiences that highlight SCA?s lower cost, high quality facilities and long-standing history of surgeon and health planpartnership. The successful candidate will also collaborate and coordinate on internal communications as needed to ensure continuity of key messages and tone in addition to:
- Lead public relations and marketing efforts including case study development and publishing, marketing collateral creation and distribution, media outreach and digital (website) strategy
- Develop thoughtful strategy to elevate SCA brand among surgery center industry, surgeons and other key stakeholders
- Execute regular (quarterly) touch points with SCA?s partners (physicians, health plans and health systems)
- Build flexible suite of marketing solutions offered to local teams to deploy as needed; with appropriate cost allocation strategy
- Lead website development team to provide cost effective, simple website solutions for individual surgery centers
- Serve as key point of contact for center-level and region-level marketing needs including advertising, marketing collateral, direct outreach, etc.
- Serve enterprise-level industry conference team to lead content development and execution
- Identify, coordinate and develop speeches and supporting materials for executive external speaking engagements
- Serve on the Annual Leadership Meeting team to produce a high-impact event in line with SCA?s mission, vision and values for SCA?s top 400 leaders
Total education, vocational training and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required
- 10-12years of progressive responsibility in public relations, communications and/or marketing
- Ability to travel nationwide up to 20%
- Experience selecting and managing external vendors required
- Experience creating and leading broad multimedia, multi-channel communications programs required
- Experience in highly decentralized organization preferred
- Deep working knowledge of Constant Contact, Office365, Zoom, GoToMeeting, WordPress and InDesign
- Public relations and marketing agency experience strongly preferred
Key attributes required:
- Must exhibit SCAs values
- Comfort in interacting with all levels of teammates and external parties (i.e., staff, physicians, executives)
- Skilled writer with the ability to craft concise, impactful messaging
- Effective project manager; comfortable contributing individually as well as leading teams
- Able to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to manage external vendors and media channels as needed
- A creative mind with a demonstrated ability to translate complex topics to effective messaging and marketing campaigns
Pleaseclick here to apply: