BitSight is looking for an experienced communications professional to support executive and business communications with industry thought leaders and drive the BitSight brand. The Communications Director will be a key member of the BitSight marketing leadership team, helping to drive awareness for security ratings as a must-have category in information security and risk management and positioning BitSight as the clear leader in this essential market. This person will oversee corporate communication functions including analyst, investor, and public relations, as well as brand identity. This role reports to the BitSight VP of Marketing and is based in Cambridge, MA.
The Communications Director will evangelize BitSight to industry analysts and non-traditional influencers. Communication with internal stakeholders (executives and professionals from various functional areas including product management, product marketing, digital marketing, public relations, and sales) is also an important element. This individual will have experience with branding and elevating companies to look even bigger than they are. If you are a bold, experienced communications professional looking for a strategic role -- and you bring passion, creativity, confidence and dedication -- we should have a conversation.
- Create top-level messaging for BitSight overall that reflects our brand impact and value proposition and resonates with our target audience(s).
- Develop strategic analyst and influencer relations strategy to support the overall communications and business priorities.
- Create and maintain a vibrant influencer community who independently share our stories, customer success and impact with their customers and across their professional networks.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with analysts specializing in risk management, third party risk management, IT vendor risk, and security ratings services.
- Identify emerging themes in the media and analyst community that can be leveraged to drive awareness for BitSight and its message.
- Support executive-analyst background research, briefings, inquiries, and interviews. Create and maintain a roadmap for analyst communications.
- Flag and track competitive differentiation and threats as perceived by analysts and investors.
- Lead in creating and customizing informational materials for analysts and investors, from corporate vision to roadmaps and success stories.
- Summarize analyst and investor commentary, research, and conversations for quick action by internal stakeholders.
- Provide clear counsel to senior executives, even in difficult circumstances.
- Collaborate seamlessly with diverse teams across the business.
- Collaborate closely with public relations, product marketing & product management.
- Ability to understand business and technology issues and trends and translate it into analyst relations and influencer relations strategies, messaging, and competitive positioning.
- Natural cross-functional communicator (written and verbal).
- Existing relationships with industry analysts in the security and risk areas.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of B2B experience in technology-related AR and PR
- Capacity to work on multiple projects and competing deadlines in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with analysts and investors, and across the company.
- Proven track record of delivering results.
- Global experience and willingness to travel.