At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Director of Communications you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
In this role you will work closely with Senior Leaders and Corporate Affairs colleagues to develop, plan and execute effective internal and external communications primarily for medical and digital functions within the BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit (BBU). Provide strategic communications counsel, develop communications strategies and implement high-impact, integrated communications plans for audiences within the BBU and across the AstraZeneca organization.
- Work in partnership with senior leaders and functional/cross-functional teams to develop and support comprehensive, integrated communication plans and campaigns with metrics that drive employee engagement and drive understanding and support of business strategies and priorities.
- Responsible for Internal Communications within own area of responsibility and from that area of responsibility to other relevant parts of AstraZeneca
- Manage internal communications initiatives that increase employee engagement and aligns with global strategy and the business priorities
- Drive the planning, development and delivery for internal flagship events and programs such as Webinars, Nucleus articles, bite-size videos for Workplace, as well as functional townhalls and communications as needed, in coordination with Corporate Affairs Internal Communications colleagues
- Advise leadership on sequencing for communication cascades and counsels them on message, approach and style for change management communications
- Drive the planning, development and delivery of external communications such as speaking opportunities, media opportunities, social engagement on LinkedIn, etc. in coordination with Corporate Affairs External Communications colleagues
- Develop and manage communications strategies and execution for internal and external communications channels.
- Encourage cross-functional collaboration and information exchange across the organization
- Ensure all internal communications share a unified, on-brand look and feel that reflect the company's business priorities and strategy
- Uncover issues proactively, identifies trends and concerns, crafts strategic communication plans to shape current thinking
- Ensure that communications are in compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies
- Provide feedback on the needs and issues of the audiences to influence deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, marketing or related field
- 10+ years of experience in public relations, corporate communications function or PR agency
- Ability to set and manage priorities, deadlines, resources, goals, and project initiatives
- Strong proven knowledge in the latest in digital and social media technology, and channels
- Use of data & analytics to evaluate marketing efforts & generate insights
- Ability to understand and interpret scientific and medical data
- Experience developing and implementing integrated communication plans
- Experience supporting senior leaders through communications counsel
- Experience managing project teams and third-party vendors
- Understanding and experience of issues management
- First-rate coordination, collaboration, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with sales, marketing and other commercial communications
- Corporate, executive and internal communications experience
- Knowledge of the US healthcare system
- Knowledge of the Pharma industry
- Experience in film, edit, and producing short-form video projects for various platforms
- Experience in capturing compelling footage and interviews that will drive great storytelling