Purpose of Role
- The Director of Commodity Management is responsible to define, implement and execute the Global Commodity Purchasing Strategy (e.g. Resin, Packaging & Printing, others) at Hasbro
- The Global Commodity Purchasing Strategy has 5 levers (1) Buy Better Levers (Increase competitive tension, standard components, volume consolidation) (2) Spend Better Levers (design to cost, complexity reduction), (3) Accelerated material & component innovation, (4) supply security, and (5) strengthen quality & compliance.
- This position assumes greater significance as Hasbro continuous to expand their sourcing from partners outside of China (~50% by end 2020)
- This requires that the material and components infrastructure in these new sourcing countries needs to be developed in a phased plan and management structures to be put in place to manage a global supply base of key material and components.
- The jobholder is responsible to define and lead the implementation of the commodity strategies and plans to leverage & consolidate 2nd tier material & components suppliers and vendor’s subcontractors in China and other countries Hasbro is sourcing (India, Mexico, Indonesia, Vietnam, America and Brazil).
- The jobholder will establish and lead commodity teams which consist of technical specialists, quality managers, product development and purchasing professionals to define and implement commodity strategies for selected key materials and components.
- Drive the localization of key components & materials and local supplier approvals in new sourcing countries outside China.
- Negotiate with supplier to establish the best price/rebate structure and schedules to ensure lowest landed costs and continuous availability of materials & components, while working with (global) suppliers and Hasbro Regional Counsel (Legal department) to define and agree solid contracts/agreements for assigned commodities
- Coordinate with marketing, product development, corporate social responsibility and suppliers on new material innovation (sustainable materials & packaging
- The incumbent will be responsible for tracking global trends in the assigned commodities and ensuring an up to date database is developed and maintained tracking these costs and establish cost models with should be costs for the assigned commodities.
Years of Experience Required
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience with solid people management experience
- Individual shall be performing as a manager/supervisor in at least 5 years in his/her past career
Technical Skills Requirement
- Deep understanding of global and regional commodity markets & technologies (resin, packaging, printing, fabrics) and proactively define tactics to exploit opportunities and avoid threats.
- Experienced and skilled negotiator in o.a. 3-way supply/rebate contracts between global & local commodity manufacturers, Hasbro’s manufacturing partners and Hasbro.
- Proven track record that the candidate is effective in cooperation, communication & influence across functions and colleagues in different locations & time zones.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills,
- Legal agreement and contract knowledge
Soft Skills Requirements
- Strong visionary & conceptual mindset to understand key trends and to identify strategic opportunities for Hasbro’s $400M commodity purchasing spend.
- Ability to define and implement innovative Purchasing strategies for the various commodities while handling with complex cross functional issues, Hasbro business policies and cross functional / cross organisational alignment
- Pioneers new ideas & create broad support for new solutions regarding Commodity Purchasing within Hasbro.
- Strong teamwork capability, be able to cooperate with colleagues from different background, department and levels
- Strong people management skills, e.g. defining goals for team members, performance management, ensures transparency & full compliance to Hasbro policies, coaching and address non-performance.
- Respects the process and company’s practices while not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Result-oriented mindset and good business acumen
- Pragmatic and hands-on problem solver across manufacturing vendors, suppliers and project teams in shortage and allocation of the assigned components and materials.