Not Specified years
Posted 167 days ago
We are looking for a Director of Commodities Lab, Pharmacy and Radiology with the skills to reduce initial spend and achieve ongoing year-over-year productivity improvements in “in scope” non-labor spend categories while maintaining or improving product quality and vendor service levels.
This position is an individual contributor position responsible for sourcing strategy and contracting of assigned area(s) of spend.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (Essential Functions):
* Communicates with cross-functional sourcing teams to identify products requiring sourcing. Develops and implements effective sourcing strategies.
* Prioritizes projects for assigned commodities, leads strategy development, manages RFI and RFP processes, leads negotiations and ensures contract completion.
* In categories where service is insourced and outsourced, works with insourced owners to ensure appropriate “make vs. buy” selection.
* Sets policies and procedures for managing the purchasing process for assigned commodities. Develops implementation plan for new process and supports Implementation Managers in ensuring execution. Also monitors contract compliance and works with Implementation Manager on resolution or escalation.
* Provides ongoing communication to Supply Chain leadership and stakeholders on activities and status.
* Identifies budgetary impact of new sourcing policy/contract.
* Develops vendor management strategy and performance scorecard. Monitors and manages performance with support of Strategic Sourcing Director.
* Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
* Strong analytical skills (will need to construct and execute multiple complex analyses — TCO, EVC, NPV).
* Must possess ability to think strategically and translate implications of analyses into sourcing strategies.
* Strong knowledge of assigned commodities and materials management principles and practices. Clinical background a plus.
* Must be comfortable with conflict and willing to challenge conventional thinking, even from senior level management.
* Strong interpersonal skills (the ability to develop and grow relationships and the ability to influence). Intermediate to advance excel skills.
* Must master pivot tables and VLOOKUP in Microsoft Excel.
* Master’s DegreePreferred.