Architect and develop the learning strategy of Blueprint Medicines Commercial organization, building the skills necessary to execute on our objectives. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, this person will have responsibility for the strategic planning and implementation of a world class training curriculum. This robust training platform will span multiple levels and business functions to deliver a comprehensive training program for the broader organization, to include skill-based training via eLearning, live meetings, virtual training and on demand training courses.
- Develop the training and development function for the organization; including disease, product and customer interaction capabilities.
- Drive the development and execution of comprehensive strategic and tactical training plans to support the short- and long-term objectives of the Sales, Marketing and Reimbursement Teams.
- Collaborate with internal teams to establish training initiatives that help translate Commercial strategy down to actionable behaviors, through both core and advanced programs.
- Implementation and continuous improvement to the following work streams: New hire training curriculum, Continuing education with ongoing learning programs, Advanced training for in depth learning capabilities.
- Lead the planning, design, development and implementation of training modules and materials.
- Develop a skill based selling platform specific to Oncology and rare disease customer markets.
- Interface with leaders and field advisory teams / learning champions to assist in the definition and development of core competencies and create tools, curriculum and initiatives to support them.
- Manage, design and deliver workshop materials for National Sales Meetings and Regional Sales Meetings, in close coordination with Marketing, Field Advisory Teams/Learning Champions.
- Collaborate with department heads to assess knowledge gaps within the Commercial organization and work with the appropriate leaders to address them.
- Serve as a leader within the Blueprint Medicines team, providing input on how business functions can be successfully integrated into the training plan.
- Development and delivery of classroom-based training programs including customer interaction capabilities as well as disease and product education via live training experiences, e-learning modules, WebEx, etc.
- Ensures budgets and schedules align with corporate requirements.
- Develop and manage relationships with key vendors and agency partners related to training platforms.
- Manage the Product Review Board process for all sales training materials to incorporate all appropriate regulatory and legal compliance programs into the appropriate training programs
- The ideal candidate will have 8 plus years of relevant pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience in Oncology and Rare Disease with at least 3 years leading national home-office based training.
- Experience building training programs within a start-up Biotech environment is preferred.
- Experience working with, building and training on advanced selling platforms.
- Experience managing vendors and budgets (required).
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Proven communication skills with a well-developed ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Successful / relevant product launch experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence, collaborate and interact effectively with key stakeholders to align on objectives and provide consistent training direction.
- Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Skilled in proactively identifying competency gaps and opportunities for skill development while operating with a high sense of urgency.