We are looking for a Director, Commercial Strategy to join our Business Development team in Portland, OR. The Director of Commercial Strategy will support the 5-year strategic business plan process, develop North America specific strategies with a focus on the commercial channels, and manage the implementation of those strategies using market intelligence and insights.
This is the best opportunity to join the team that will develop, drive and shape the commercial business in North America over the next 5 years.
We are a small and nimble group that balances the art & science of strategy. You’ll be collaborating daily with lots of cross functional teams (including brand, ecommerce, retail etc.) allowing you to have the widest, horizontal views of the organization.
STRATEGIC PLAN CREATION AND PROCESS
- Develop the local 5-year strategic business plan (SBP) including process, timelines, document creation, cross functional alignment, global submissions, and communication
- Be a key point of contact for global strategy requests and communication
- Support other regular and ad-hoc strategic planning activities (e.g., workshops, briefings)
MARKET INTELLIGENCE, DATA ANALYSIS, AND DECISION SUPPORT
- Create financial and quantitative analysis relevant to strategic planning (e.g., financial statement analysis, revenue/profit impact scenarios, market share development)
- Develop, manage, and distribute market and competitor intelligence using various data sources
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to address business-critical questions and opportunities raised by senior management
- Lead key cross-functional projects that help achieve the 5-year North America strategic objectives. This includes setting the project scope, creating the plan, managing the project launch with key stakeholders, solving problems, and help implement solutions
- Support individual project execution and monitoring to ensure timely progress on scope deliverables
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
You are a creative problem solver at heart and approach a problem statement from beginning to end with curiosity research and data to inform your decisions. You have a background in project management or consulting and have informed strategic decisions with Senior Leadership (i.e. VP, SVP or Board Members).
A STRONG FIT FOR THE ROLE WILL HAVE:
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills (e.g., financial modeling, competitor analysis)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate strategies to executive level management.
- Excellence in creating convincing, logical, and simple to understand presentations
- Ability to effectively work with executive level management.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills (if applicable)
- Minimum 10 years of general business experience ideally in strategy, consulting, or finance
- Experience with a global apparel / consumer goods brand or retailer
- Experience in working closely with middle and senior leaders across functions
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, marketing, or related field