The role, reporting to the Senior Director, Commercial Policy, is responsible for developing and implementing standard commercial policies, and a consistent pricing/discounting framework across all product lines within ICE Data Services.
The Director, Commercial Policy is the key interface with Finance, Products and Sales in enabling the business to achieve incremental revenue over sales quotas and enable enhanced revenue planning going forward.
- Responsible for defining and implementing changes/simplification to existing commercial model and harmonizing across the various products, platform and solution sets
- Create and implement change management strategies and plans to maximize user adoption & proficiency and minimize overall risk such that business results are achieved.
- Sets standard commercial policies and processes to align price with value, provide a platform for future growth, introduce consistency and simplification
- Drives roll out and adoption of new pricing/discounting framework
- Supports list price reviews (for new and existing products) ensuring consistency in the adoption of pricing models available and adherence to strategic pricing/discounting framework and policies
- Develops pricing strategies in partnership with the business segments to drive competitive wins, sales, revenue and grow existing client base
- Provides recommendations and guidance on commercial structure of deals; document and share best practices
- Partners with Legal, Finance and Compliance to enable transparent, compliant commercial practices to be maintained and reflected in contracts as well as enhance standardization across ICE Data Services on commercial and contractual approach to clients
- Rolls-out both internal and client facing materials that support transparent commercial policies to assist the sales, billing, A/R and client services teams to clearly message firm-wide policies
- Ensures standard commercial policies are documented, communicated and updated
- Ensures processes are in place to support adherence to policies and compliance
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required. Business related major preferred
- MBA preferred
- A strong education background and an inquisitive aptitude and desire for continuous learning are necessary for the director to successfully articulate the needs and risks for the firm's sophisticated revenue base
- At least 10 years' experience in financial services within sales, product management and/or strategy
- At least a year of sales, sales support, sales analytics experience or a track record of three or more years working in a related function
- Advocacy for creating, maintaining and managing process efficiency
- Ability to model data to articulate complex topics in a clear, effective and accurate manner in order to create institutional quality materials that will help the company mitigate lost opportunity and keep optimal business models
- Self-sufficiency to produce deliverables at a fast pace and to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.