Nevro is a medical device company headquartered in Redwood City, California. We have developed HF10™ therapy, an innovative, evidence-based neuromodulation platform for the treatment of chronic pain.
We started with a simple mission to help more patients suffering from chronic pain. At each stage of development, our research was subject to the highest levels of scientific rigor, resulting in a new therapy that has advanced the state of spinal cord stimulation (SCS).
The Nevro® Senza® SCS System received CE mark in 2010, TGA approval in 2011, FDA approval in 2015, and is commercially available in Europe, Australia, and the United States.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
As the Director of Sales Operations, you will be the critical partner to the Vice President of Commercial Operations at Nevro and lead the Sales Operations team to provide operational support for the execution of the annual commercial plan. The Dir of Sales Operations will manage and optimize the sales operations function to drive Nevo’s sales process and success. As a key business leader, you will drive operating metrics and analytics for both sales and marketing in areas such as: organizational design, headcount and capacity planning, quota and compensation planning, revenue modeling and the daily execution of the sales operating plan. This is a highly visible opportunity that will further enable our commercial team to achieve our incredible hyper growth.
- Partner with commercial leadership to support our products in the marketplace, track key metrics and provide support to the global sales team.
- Work with predictive models/tools to identify, design, implement, and continuously improve sales forecasting and planning processes.
- Work with global sales team to create sales and financial reports including revenue reports, sales forecasts, and other reports as required.
- Consistently analyze and monitor key sales performance metrics and insights to measure the health of the sales pipeline, including monitoring conversion rates and our ability to hit key targets.
- Strive to enable the early identification of trends affecting the business and make recommendations to the leadership team.
- Set operating cadence and reporting to ensure execution against plan.
- Annual planning, deal and quota setting and reviews.
- Oversee and provide guidance on sales enable tools including the CRM (SFDC), Marketing Automation, and Lead Generation applications.
- Optimize business processes and sales organizational structure.
- Ensure timing response and issue resolution to the sales team through the field help desk ticket process.
- Lead recurring and ad-hoc report analysis to enable well informed executive decision making.
- Assists in development of sales presentations, materials, and meetings.
- Partner with Marketing on campaigns including: email, events, and webinars.
- Play an active role in attracting, hiring, training, and retaining sales team members.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and manage actionable, measurable projects to accelerate sales growth, improve process and efficiency on a global scale.
- Territory Planning including allocation of target accounts, key verticals, productivity analysis, tier accounts, and propensity to buy models for the National Accounts and AVP teams.
- Identifying significant changes and trends that will materially impact the company’s growth trajectory.
- Oversee and manage to the company’s cost of sale metric.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA appreciated.
- 7 to 10 years of leadership experience in Sales Operations and/or Strategy Consulting.
- Equivalent years of experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven thought leader with verifiable track record of successfully leading major cross organization sales process/programs, from design to execution.
- A track record of success leading a Sales Operations function, sales teams and outcomes in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent business judgement with a keen customer first focus.
- Comfortable presenting to and partnering with executives to solve complex business challenges.
- Experience with territory management software to align territories across multiple sales roles and regions.
- Experience building headcount plans and capacity models.
- Proven ability to scale sales operations in hyper growth mode.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills in written and verbal form.
- Mastery of excel, SAAS reporting solutions and optimization, and SFDC.
- Proven thought leader with track record of successfully leading major cross organization process/programs, from design to execution.
- A keen understanding of how to use data to drive decision making.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- A desire to work in a high growth and results-oriented team environment.
- Unrelenting intellectual curiosity.