Insmed is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients battling serious lung diseases. We are focused on the development and commercialization of novel, targeted inhaled therapies for patients with high unmet needs battling orphan lung diseases. Insmed is a sustainable, patient-centered biopharmaceutical company at the intersection of Pulmonary, Orphan and Infectious Diseases.
Insmed understands that its most valuable resource is its employees. We place great value on the unique skills, talents and qualities that each of our employees brings to our company. We are building a world-class team with a focus on innovation, teamwork and the desire and ability to change the way our patients live.
Insmed is a fast-paced, high-energy organization that seeks talented individuals who are leaders in their respective functional areas of expertise, who are creative problem solvers and who have the desire to make a difference.
This position is based at our Bridgewater, NJ headquarters facility.
Position will support the Commercial organization in preparation of budgets, forecasts, long range plans, and making strategic investments for growth. This role will be the lead finance person as it relates to managing and analyzing revenue and profitability, including gross-to-net deductions. In addition, this position will work closely with the commercial lead on the relationship with our distributionchannel (3PL, SDs, SPs) and patient services (HUB, nurse education, co-pay, PAP) providers.This position reports directly to the VP, Financial Planning & Analysis.
This position reports directly to the VP, Financial Planning & Analysis and will be the lead Finance business partner for the Commercial organization.
- Support the Commercial Leadership team in annual Business Planning Process, including proactively working on risks and opportunities related to revenue and investments.
- Ensure budgets and forecasts are presented, aligned and tracked for global commercial team, including optimizing resource allocation and ROI. Be a key player of the S&OP process and team.
- Support General Manager, ALIS Program and Commercial Leadership team in the buildout of the distribution and patient services strategy from 3PL to Patient.
- Partner with commercial leadership on pricing and contracting strategy, serve as the finance lead on payer contract approval process, and track net sales performance of payer contracts (vs. pre-defined expectations)
- Work with team to forecast the gross to net, payer rebates, distributionchannel (3PL, SDs, SPs), patient services (HUB, nurse education, co-pay, and patient assistance program) calculations
- Partner with market access team to ensure accuracy of calculations and administration of government price, Medicare coverage gap discount, etc.
- Collaborate with commercial leadership on design and implementation of field incentive compensation, fleet, and other field investments
- Assist in the development of the commercial sales force reporting and Company revenue plans (short-term and long-term), including gross-to-net and financial modeling.
- Work closely with the accounting group to ensure proper accruals for gross-to-net reserves and spending.
- Assist in developing product timelines for research projects with Tech Ops, Regulatory, Clinical and Commercial departments to make sure all are developing budgets, forecasts and long-term plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8years of relevant financialexperience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry essential.
- Experience in supporting a recent commercial launch required.
- CPA/CMA certifications a plus.
- Strong analytical stills and sound understanding of generally accepted accounting principles. (GAAP).
- Experienced with ERP inventory systems. Oracle & Hyperion Planning experience is a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy and conciseness.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a changing environment.
- Travel is minimal for this position. (less than 5%)
- Must successfully exhibit Insmed’s five (5) core corporate competencies of: Excellence, Accountability, Driven, Collaborative and Solutions; along with any other position specific competencies.
- Individuals must demonstrate the ability to interact successfully in a dynamic and culturally diverse workplace.