A. Business Development and Delivery
- Collaborate with coverage relationship partner to generate ideas, identify client solutions, pursue sector marketing efforts, cover clients, and deliver timely solutions.
- Actively manage client solution opportunities within sector portfolios.
- Operate as key member of the deal team and lead preparation of lending proposals and pitches to prospective clients with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns.
- Deliver activities in instituting cross-selling initiatives to clients across all areas of the firm and transitioning them into significant sales.
- Provide deal structuring expertise additional expertise as knowledge base and needs dictate. Negotiate transactions with clients.
- Maintain awareness of all firm products and services offered and facilitate means of receiving continuous updates.
B. Client Performance Management.
- Oversee documentation and ongoing monitoring of asset and client performance. Actively manage portfolio to maximize return and credit quality.
- Prepare/oversee preparation of concise, well reasoned credit correspondence.
- Obtain credit concurrence and coordinate pricing approval as client advocate.
C. Sales Support and Partnerships
- Maintain key ongoing contact with lending clients and sector relationship managers.
- Actively work with specialists as needed to support successful deals.
D. Management of Team and Team Workflow
- Effectively manage work flow of analysts and associates by aligning tasks with departmental goals and objectives.
- Lead team to success by capturing opportunities for ongoing mentoring, coaching, and career development of analysts and associates.
To deliver on these accountabilities, the incumbent must have the following authorities:
Access to client information; Associated authorities for deal underwriting; Managerial authority to hire and deploy staff within existing team of direct reports; Authority to travel to various client sites and business meetings;
An undergraduate degree.
Focal areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred.CPA or MBA or equivalent experience in finance, accounting and business law.12-16 years of relevant experience in negotiating and structuring financial transactions.
Minimum of 12 years in financial services industry experience in a corporate lending environment developing business.
Formal credit training and prior lending authority.
Relevant Business Services Sector experience is highly desired.
Credit analysis experience/ understanding.
Excellent knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
Excellent knowledge of the banks financial solution products and services.
Expert knowledge in one or more areas as recognized by clients and peers.
- Has additional years of experience and tenure to investment/ portfolio colleagues within the same business.