Are you ready to lead a team of talented Collectors? Are you passionate about customer service and meeting goals?
Our Director, Collections will provide leadership and direction to the Collections Department including the servicing of Policyholders and Agents in regards to premium billings, commission statements, cancellations, reinstatements, and refunds. Our Director, Collections will build and lead an outwardly-focused team, committed to excellence in customer service - delivering on results with financial and behavioral integrity. This individual will cultivate and maintain the department’s policies, procedures, and best-practices and ensure consistent execution across the team. The Director, Collections will hold the team accountable in support of the overall corporate objectives and values and fully comply with appropriate state, bureau and company guidelines. They will also be responsible for the monitoring and management of our Collection vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and overall direction to Collection Department staff to ensure corporate goals are met.
- Demonstrate leadership by creating an environment that fosters teamwork, values diversity and which supports and respects all team and company staff members, internal and external customers and vendors.
- Responsible for managing, developing, coaching and motivating staff members.
- Work closely in collaboration with Premium Audit, Customer Service Center, Finance, Underwriting and Sales.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communications to all stakeholders to support overall company objectives and seamless implementation of needed changes.
- Review and approve activities which exceed individual manager authority levels.
- Ensure that collection of premium, deductibles, and commissions meet corporate “aged over 90” and bad debt goals.
- Support the development, implementation and/or changes of corporate systems which meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Review established procedures and recommend changes to meet current and future needs of the department.
- Work with other departments as needed to resolve problems which may include, but are not limited to, the collection of premium, as well as the implementation of new procedures and changes to existing procedures.
- Oversee and implement results-oriented training programs to support development of staff technical skills. Update training as needed to address new technology and changes in the business environment.
- Ensure compliance of state, bureau and company rules including, but not limited to, the approval of department Business Availability Plan (BAP) and Compliance processes and procedures.
- Oversee and manage our external Collections Vendor Partners, holding them accountable to our Serve Level expectations.
- Maintain and manage Collections Department annual budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ year’s progressive management experience with a proven path of advancement.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Desirable to haveexperiencein:
- Collections, Accounts Receivables
- Understanding of banking/finance and legal contract rules and regulations
- Implementation of new software systems
- Process improvement – LeanSix Sigma
- PCI and NACHA
- Cross-functional project work
- Change Management
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements listed above.