The Director of Cloud Strategy and Engineering is responsible for leading a cross functional team of architects, engineers and security professionals. This leadership role is charged with realizing and operationalizing the BSA cloud strategy that enables innovation and new business models associated with the cloud while also reducing operational costs, risk, and on-premise footprint. The Director of Cloud Strategy and Engineering will interface with the senior executive team, understand the business strategy, and translate the strategy into mid to long term technology roadmaps, define and execute our capability maturity plan, and deliver the intended results for this technology landscape.
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world's largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment 'Our Way to Serve,' Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
- Advises the IT function and business stakeholders on matters of cloud strategy, governance, capabilities to ensure BSA has a clearly defined approach, governance and achieves optimal efficiencies related to operational activities and risk
- Oversees the actions of cloud transformation to ensure the alignment of the BSA's mission, strategy, and processes to the IT strategy using a variety of models
- Expands the company's use of cloud as a strategic enabler of goals and objectives to achieve operational efficiencies that would otherwise be unattainable
- Develops policies, standards and guidelines to direct the selection, development, implementation and use of cloud platforms within the organization
- Integrates BSA’s strategies into the cloud strategy to ensure directional alignment and to promote the technological advancement of BSA
- Establishes directives to document current (as-is) cloud footprint and defines future state destination architecture and associated roadmaps to drive innovation and prevent obsolescence
- Establishes and leads governance processes that work in synergy with business and IT processes to ensure compliance to cloud standards, destination, and roadmaps
- Defines and establishes IT capabilities required to achieve strategy and gain value through cloud adoption.
- Facilitates process for researching and selecting enabling technologies to proactively address business demands and enables co-creation for our business
- Incorporates enabling technologies into cloud standards to ensure new technologies are appropriately supported before, during, and after launch
- Establishes and leads a team to provide solution conceptual design to projects based on cloud standards, guidelines, and usage patterns ensuring security, scalability and supportability
- Manages relationships with strategic partners to facilitate the identification of new and innovative ways to deliver business outcomes with cloud technology
- 10-12 years of progressive leadership experience within IT
- 10+ years of experience with public cloud providers
- Bachelors degree in technical field, Masters Degree preferred
- Proven portfolio leading cloud transformations from business strategy to execution
- Experience leading in a matrixed environment with multiple executive stakeholders