Ansys provides the leading multi-physics portfolio in the industry and extending Ansys simulation tools to now leverage the limitless high-performance compute becoming available in the public and hybrid clouds is a truly exciting opportunity. Simulation (along with AI) is one of the two most compute hungry workloads, and recent studies show that the massive simulation demands being created by new applications like autonomous driving, digital twins, and 5G have already resulted in more high performance compute hours in the cloud in 2019 than all the previous years combined. Being part of this very passionate cloud team at ANSYS provides a unique opportunity to participate in the future of simulation in the cloud, including defining new business models, working closely with our cloud and industry partners, and creating new applications that combine simulation with AI and analytics.
This role will lead the product management and business development function for the Ansys Cloud and Hybrid product portfolios. We are looking for a talented, passionate, and experienced Product Manager (PM) to drive product features and grow the business in a fast-paced, agile environment. The PM should be hands-on, as well as have the ability to lead a small and energetic team of other PMs. The PM should also be able to drive the product strategy of cloud simulation in high growth areas like autonomous and digital twin by working with Ansys industry partners and cloud service providers.
The PM will make sure to offer our customers a best-in-class and innovative Ansys Cloud offering considering the cloud-specifics such as data privacy, performance, security, seamless workflow and operations. The PM participates in the entire product lifecycle, working across development business units, sales, marketing and sales enablement functions, including supporting the creation of any collateral that is needed for these activities. The position requires a strong presence at industry and partner events.
- Works with customers, partners, and other development BUs to define product specifications and requirements for cloud-based simulation workflows.
- As the hands-on technical domain expert, evaluates and prioritizes requests for product changes, enhancements, new product features and design flows.
- Adept at project management, brings a keen eye for attention to detail and overall user experience, participates in the entire development cycle of the product, working closely with the development, UX, testing, and documentation teams on execution.
- Works with ISV partners and cloud service providers to grow the usage of simulation in the cloud in areas like autonomous and digital twins.
- Works closely with pre-sales and support teams to ensure successful evaluation and adoption of our products while keeping an eye for continuous improvements.
- Ensure cloud-specific requirements to meet customer expectations when working on the cloud (performance, security, privacy, SOC2 compliance…) as well as to work with cloud providers to get the good exposure at customers and the right deployment.
- Evangelizes the cloud benefits for customers to our sales force.
- Anticipates the market trends that would enable the cloud: IoT, vertical apps, AV
- Keeps a keen eye on competitive products and strategies. Proactively highlights and addresses any technical gaps.
- Assists marketing with technical white papers, application notes, conference/journal proceedings, product positioning presentations, and webinars
- Evangelizes the solution internally and externally; Maintains close relationships with customers to remain aware of customer needs and perspectives
- Trains and motivates the sales teams regarding market opportunities and to present the value provided by cloud-based products.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering
- 5 years of experience in leading product management of cloud-based products, preferably offered as SaaS.
- 10 years of experience in a Product Management role, preferably in software companies
- Proven experience leading software product management projects with focus on cloud delivery and cloud business models.
- Demonstrated technical acumen and project planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- This position requires a moderate amount of travel