As the Director of Clinical Services (DCS), you will direct and lead the interdisciplinary team, helping to meet the needs of the hospice patient and family in a manner consistent with the guidelines and policies of Compassus. Your team consists of Registered Nurses (RN), Hospice Aides (CNA), Chaplains, Social Workers and many other support functions to create a fulfilling experience for our patients and their families. You will be the hub for communication regarding patient care and will promote a positive working relationship with the family, physician, and others involved in their care.
- Conduct Inter-Disciplinary Team meetings and manage all members of the team, including the scheduling, productivity monitoring, mentoring, one-on-one meetings, pay practices, timekeeping, and expense reports
- Oversee the Registered NurseCase Manager’s development of the plan of care and direction of patient care activities
- Establishes departmental goals consistent with corporate goals and objectives
- Supervises patient and family care as specified by the plan of care, assessing appropriateness, continuity, service, and quality of care
- Ensure that the team orders the correct equipment, supplies, and medications and that the program is billed appropriately.
- Provide in-services to contractfacilities
- Participates in care delivery for patients as needed including conducting admissions, recertification visits, routine visits, and discharge visits
- May carry caseload from time to time, due to the fluctuation in a hospice patient census
- Serves as the administrator on call when scheduled
Directly supervises up to 30 colleagues. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and terminating (with administrative approval) all interdisciplinary staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining colleagues; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Acts as Executive Director as needed to cover absences. Ensures maximum utilization of resources. Promotes a positive and collaborative culture.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Registered Nurse with minimum of three years in Healthcare required, preferably in Nursing Facility, Home Health or Hospice setting. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. BSN a plus. Experience in leadership or management strongly preferred. Experience with Electronic Medical Record systems a strong plus.