As the Director of Clinical Services (DCS), you will direct and lead the interdisciplinary team, helping to meet the needs of the hospice patient and family in a manner consistent with the guidelines and policies of Compassus. Your team consists of Registered Nurses (RN), Hospice Aides (CNA), Chaplains, Social Workers and many other support functions to create a fulfilling experience for our patients and their families. You will be the hub for communication regarding patient care and will promote a positive working relationship with the family, physician, and others involved in their care.
- Conduct Inter-Disciplinary Team meetings and manage all members of the team, including the scheduling, productivity monitoring, mentoring, one-on-one meetings, pay practices, timekeeping, and expense reports
- Oversee the Registered Nurse Case Manager’s development of the plan of care and direction of patient care activities
- Ensure that the team orders the correct equipment, supplies, and medications and that the program is billed appropriately.
- Provide in-services to contract facilities
- May carry caseload from time to time, due to the fluctuation in a hospice patient census
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
Education and Certifications
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of three years working in healthcare is required; preferably in Skilled Nursing Facilities, Home Health or Hospice agencies
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Experience in insurance and Medicare/Medicaid billing and reimbursement desired
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state of employment is required, unless working in a compact state
- Valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
- California– “Director ofPatient CareServices”
- A Registered Nurse with a baccalaureate or higher degree in nursing or another health-related field with three years of experience within the last five years in a hospice or home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- A Registered Nurse with four years’ experience within the last five years in a hospice, home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- Connecticut– An agency supervisor of clinical services shall be aregistered nursewith an active license to practice nursing in this state, and shall have one of the following:
- (1) A master's degree from a program approved by the National League for Nursing or the American Public Health Association with a minimum of one year full-time clinical experience in a home health agency or related community health program which included care of the sick at home; or
- (2) A baccalaureate degree in nursing and a minimum of three years of full-time clinical experience in nursing, at least one of which was in a home health agency or community health program which included care of the sick at home; or
- (3) A registered nurse who has been continuously employed in the position of supervisor of clinical services in a home health agency in this state since January 1, 1979; or
- (4) Adiploma in nursing or anassociates’degreein nursing and
- (A) A minimum of three years of full-time or full-time equivalent clinical experience in nursing within the past five years, at least one year of which was in a home health care agency or community health program which included care of the sick at home; and
- (B) Evidence of certification by the American Nurses' Association as a community health nurse or completion of at least six credits received within two years in community health nursing theory or six credits in health care management from an accredited college or university program or school of nursing.
- Louisiana - Registered Nurse with at least three years of experience. One of the three must be full time in hospice, home health care or oncology. The Director of Nursing Services cannot be concomitantly employed by any other licensed healthcare agency.
- Mississippi - Registered Nurse with at least three years of experience. One of the three must be full time in hospice, home health care or oncology. The Director of Nursing Services cannot be concomitantly employed by any other licensed healthcare agency.
- Maine – Registered Nurse with at least 1year of experience and training in hospice nursing care
- New Hampshire – RN, APRN or bachelor’s degree in a health field related to hospice care.
- New Jersey–Registered Nurseplus:
- A master's degree in nursing or a health related field and two years combined public/community health nursing and progressive management experience in public health nursing; or
- A bachelors’ of science degree in nursing or a health related field and three years combined public/community health nursing and progressive management experience in public health nursing.
- South Carolina–Registered Nurseplus:
- Bachelor’s degree, or
- AssociateDegreeand three years’ experience in health care within the last five years.
- Texas - Registered Nurse in Texas and have one yearexperience as a Registered Nurse in the last 36months.
- Virginia – Registered Nurse with education and experience in the needs of the terminally ill