Summary: The Director of Clinical Performance Improvement willproactively assist hospitals in managing Surgical and Emergency Servicesperformance. The Director willcollaborate with hospitals in driving agreed upon KPI performance incooperation with Division and Facility Management. This role will be focused on optimizingdepartmental efficiency, and quality of care. The Director will provideconsultation in these areas to personnel and other entities regarding anyissues that impact efficiency and the provision of cost effective patient care.
This person will generally act as the expert resource for CHS in the area ofContinuous Process Improvement for Perioperative and Emergency Servicesdepartments..
Essential Duties andResponsibilities include thefollowing. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for data gathering and analysis for hospital departmental performance.
- Identification of hospitals with lagging performance in collaboration with Division leadership.
- Assist in creation of assessments and creation of action plans focused on performance improvement using all available data and dashboards.
- Work on-site where possible to train and mentor staff on how to improve performance and sustain lasting change in workflow and clinical process management.
- Provide consultative services as needed for Surgery or Emergency Services.
- Serves as mentor and resource person for surgery or emergency department directors and leadership at hospitals or markets.
- Observe professional ethics in maintaining confidential information concerning the personal, financial, and medical or employment status of patients and staff of Community Health Systems.
- Develops collaborative relationships with corporate and hospital personnel, staff and physicians to ensure a continuum focus and improved operations.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing others in a variety of key skills including: relationship management, project management, staffing, and execution.
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of theknowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
- Proven successful track record of building, implementing and optimizing successful performance improvement plans and operations.
- Excellent technical, management, operational and clinical knowledge of Surgery and ED services at all levels of care within an acute healthcare setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, presentation and computer skills.
- Demonstrated experience and the ability to manage multiple groups, interact productively with varying levels of personnel and staff, and provide program direction and development.
- Ability to produce and utilize data for projects tracking and outcomes achievement
- Ability to prioritize projects and resolve conflicting priorities
- Ability to develop policies and procedures, performance dashboards and scorecards, assessment forms and other tools related to performance and quality metrics.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; flexibility to accept and manage change
- Identify educational needs and provide educational support as appropriate for each facility
Ability to define problems collectsdata, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret anextensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram formwith several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel,Power Point and Visio, Premier and other tools as required.
Current Nursing Licensure
Certification in Lean SixSigma or similar project management experience preferred
- Masterâ€™s degree in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration, or other health/business field or currently actively enrolled in Masterâ€™s degree program in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration, or other health/business related field.
- Technical knowledge of surgical services and the operating room/procedural environment.
- Knowledge of computer systems, information systems, information management, and data analysis
- Minimum of ten years experience in varied disciplines of surgery or emergency department operations
- Minimum of five years experience in management and administration in a large academic or tertiary facility.
- Experience in multiple health care settings or healthcare system with multiple sites of operation preferred
- Experience in leading Perioperative or Emergency Services Process Improvement focused on value stream mapping, rapid improvement events, metrics analysis and financial outcomes reporting,