This position is responsible for providing administrative leadership, strategic planning and decision-making for multiple Ambulatory Surgery center locations. The Surgery Center Director works at a senior level striving to improve overall patient safety, quality of care, efficiency and effectiveness. The incumbent reports to Sr. Leadership of Health Venture Management and is responsible for establishing policy and direction. This position champions the system wide efforts of Indiana University Health and ensures their teams represent IU Health's values at the highest possible level.
- BSN Required; Masters preferred. Requires current State of Indiana licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies. Requires 10 plus years progressively responsible nursing and Ambulatory Surgery Center management experience with a minimum of five years in management/leadership.
- Prefers Endo and GI experience.
- Prefers Ambulatory Surgery leadership experience.
- Requires ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with multiple locations while focusing on the unique needs of each. Requires the ability to build effective working relationships with the physicians.
- Requires knowledge of state and national regulatory agency requirements for Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
- Requires ability to learn and apply IU Health personnel policies and procedures.
- Requires ability to facilitate and lead work groups.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires ability to promote teamwork and build effective relationships.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Requires ability to take initiative and meet objectives.
- Requires a high level of interpersonal; problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Requires familiarity with health care reimbursement environment.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple locations efficiently with objectives cascaded down.
- Requires the ability to attend and present at Board meetings.