The primary purpose of the Director, Clinical Nursing position is to provide strategic leadership to the internal and external nursing community in the areas of patient care, education, research and quality. Leadership should promote a professional nursing practice environment consistent with a world-class cancer center. The Director will develop and maintain collegial and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the institution to positively impact the business of nursing and patient care outcomes. These partnerships include ongoing collaboration with physician leaders from respective areas of responsibility. Responsibilities include all aspects of patient safety clinical operations, education, research, customer service, finance, human resources, quality outcome management and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor's in Nursing and Master's in Nursing or related field;
- Eight years of nursing experience in an acute care hospital setting;
- Five years of management/leadership experience;
- Licensed as a RN in the State of Texas;
- Certification from a national certifying body
- Doctoral (PhD, DNS, DNP);
- Eight years of management/leadership experience