8 - 10 years
Posted 49 days ago
Reporting to the COO & Chief Nurse Executive, Executive Management, this position is accountable for the leadership and day to day management/planning for the implementation of new clinical information systems at Saint Agnes Medical Center (SAMC). Actively promotes clinical process transformation. Assumes the change leadership role for the comprehensive adoption by all clinical staff (including physicians) of the electronic medical record (EMR) and computerized physician order entry (CPOE) systems. Provides support and direction to user liaisons and application support staff to effectively deploy the new information system tools for the direct benefit of patients. Oversees the integration of clinical processes across SAMC for all end users of the system to ensure patient safety and enhance clinical quality.
1. Bachelor's degreerequired, Master's degreepreferred.
2. Ten (10) years of progressive Clinical Informatics experience is required.
3. Three (3) years of leadership experience, preferably with Informatics, is required.
4. Proven leadership abilities, proven ability to persuade and influence decision-making and behavior change, and demonstrated credibility with peers and physicians as evidenced by respectful relationships are required.
5. A strong track record in change leadership and process improvement is required.
6. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
7. Excellent management skills with a reputation for mentoring, developing, and motivating staff are required.
8. Good project management skills with proven success at managing large-scale projects and/or complex departmental operations are required.
9. Must possess strong analytical skills and ability to independently plan, facilitate, and coordinate all activities of a multidisciplinary project team, and maintain project timelines.
10. Effective interpersonal skills are required, with demonstrated success at effective communication with all levels of the organization, especially senior leadership, medical staff, and department heads. Must be comfortable presenting to senior management,
physicians, and all levels of staff.
11. Demonstrated skills in strategic and critical thinking, negotiation, and relationship building are required.
12. Basic familiarity with regulatory, legal and compliance issues in healthcare such as JCAHO, HIPAA, FDA, etc is required.
13. Knowledge of information security principles, practices, technologies and strategies is required.
14. Previous leadership or involvement with the implementation of a new clinical information system is strongly preferred.