Under the direction of the Vice President of Health Data and Support Services and the Director of Hospital Applications, the Clinical Informatics Director will provide leadership in the implementation, integration, and on-going evolution of the electronic medical record (Epic) at the CHS hospitals and off-site facilities. The Clinical Informatics Director will oversee the inpatient teams, working with their end-users and nursing governance. This individual serves as a liaison between clinicians, ancillary departments, Information Technology (IT), and the Epic Application, Development and Support Department (Epic ADS) to align clinical and technical standards and advancing standardized workflows. The CI Director acts as a change agent for hospital leaders and clinicians to promote adoption of new processes and technologies to achieve and sustain expected benefits. The CI Director is instrumental in moving the organization out of its comfort zone to achieve excellence and system strategic goals. The CI Director will work closely with the educational resources to ensure the highest standard of education associated with the care transformation is provided to the clinical users.
To Qualify You Must Have:
· Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana
· Master's Degree required in Nursing or Information Technology with a minimum of 3 years of acute clinical experience.
· 5 years clinical information systems including implementation and support experience required with progressive responsibilities for leadership and support of healthcare IT, Epic strongly preferred.
· 3-5 years management experience.
· Demonstrated oral, written, presentation and project management skills. Ability to communicate with clinicians (including physicians) as well as developers/IT.
· Demonstrated statistical and analytical skills from work experience.
· Working knowledge of organizational behavior, organization change, and management science.
· Decisive, flexible problem solver with a results oriented approach who has the ability to proactively identify issues and discuss with the senior management team and other leaders and reach consensus for practical solutions