Job ID 190000XK
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy.? Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FKC policy requirements. Provides direction, leadership, strategic vision, objectives and guidance regarding clinical support and operational process improvement opportunities related to physician and clinical workflows, government initiatives, process reengineering, product management, operational excellence, data management and clinical safety and be actively involved in the design, development and implementation of a new EMR platform within FKC and affiliated Nephrology practices supported by Acumen EHR and PM solutions. Ensures the appropriate alignment of department goals with those of the company, and takes the necessary actions to ensure successful execution of initiatives to support these goals and the needs of the company.? Integrates clinical science, computer science, and information science to manage and communicate data, information, and knowledge in clinical practice of FKC dialysis clinics and ambulatory practices.? Facilitates the integration of data, information, and knowledge to support patient, physicians and clinicians in their decision-making in all roles and settings. Uses a structured problem-solving method to identify and clarify issues and select, develop, implement, and evaluate informatics solutions. Provides clinical and workflow subject matter expertise in development of product and business development documents. Functions as a bridge between the medical office, Information technology. Considers ergonomics and human-computer interaction principles when recommending informatics solutions.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Uses a structured problem-solving method to optimize clinical systems and select, develop, implement, and evaluate informatics solutions for Dialysis and related FMCNA services
- Participates in advocating, facilitating and supporting development and implementation of strategies, initiatives and tools to advance the use of Information Technology in the dialysis facilities, providing subject matter expertise as needed.
- Assists in the promotion of the use of Information Technology in clinical settings including all FMCNA business units
- Closely works with Operations excellence, value based care and Product management teams to support organizational and medical office clinical and quality
- Contributes by providing focused expertise concerning the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patient population:
- Accountable Care Model, Disease Management, and MACRA
- Provides subject matter expertise to assist with the clinical development of Incenter and Ambulatory areas of service
- Develops evidence-based medicine treatment algorithms which can be integrated in the clinical systems to support clinical decision support
- Benchmarking of clinical quality measures in CKD and ESRD care??
- Assists in development of Business Requirements.
- Owns and drives Clinical Health Information Technology Initiatives.
- Coordination of Provider Advisory Council on Technology and various user and community forums
- Analyzes and maps physician & clinical workflows to evaluate efficiency, usability, and data integrity. Identifies any opportunities for improvement and creates optimal workflow designs in harmony with policies, procedures and best-practices.? ?
- Works as a supporter and change agent for organizational leadership and clinicians to ensure maximum performance and benefit from the clinical information systems.
- Conducts site visits to review and evaluate clinical practice as necessary
- Participates and leads committees and task forces as appropriate.
- Leverages knowledge from clinical and Informatics experience to develop, troubleshoot, and improve clinical systems that are beneficial in helping the organization to provide enhanced quality of patient care
- Serves as liaison between the organization and physicians regarding requests, questions or concerns and collaborates with the medical office to develop new clinical procedures based on new technologies or new innovations.
- Provides senior level project management and team facilitation support to process improvement and utilizes the project life-cycle to plan, implement, monitor and sustain associated improvements.
- Develops and makes formal presentations to diverse audiences at various levels within and outside the organization.
- Creates, maintains and serves as content expert on clinical workflow
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations.? See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work, interaction with patients, field and corporate staff and physicians. The position requires travel for clinical assessment and problem solving as well as presentations at Company-wide, Corporate, Division, Regional or Area Meetings as appropriate.
- The work environment is characteristic of both a health care facility and office environment with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of clinical quality and/or administrative support staff.
- Role will be reporting into the SVP & Chief Medical Information Officer working closely with ?Value based care, Information technology, operational excellence and product management departments.
- Required: Medical Doctor
- Preferred: Master's degree in Informatics, public health or related Healthcare discipline. This requirement can be waived in favor of extensive experience in clinical systems implementation/optimization.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS: ????????
- 5-7 years' experience in design, development, implementation or management of electronic health records.?
- Past dialysis experience will be highly preferred
- Experince with Epic and Cerner (Sorian) platforms
- 2-4 years of patient care experience
- Possesses strong influencing, collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in patient care environments and in-depth knowledge of clinical processes and clinical workflows associated with patient care;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Exemplary customer service;
- Skilled level knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Knowledge of project management and systems life cycle
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Critical thinking and decision making.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity