The Director, Clinical Education is responsible for providing educational leadership for the Methodist LeBonheur Healthcare System to include all aspects of the educational process, such as assessment of learning needs, planning effective educational offerings, maintenance of current learning resources, and evaluation of outcomes. The incumbent is responsible for the development and implementation of orientation, in-service education, and professional development for all clinical staff. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Master’s degree in Nursing or Education
Five (5) years of progressive experience in nursing or clinical education.
Current licensure from the state of Tennessee as a Registered Nurse.
ANCC/AONE Certification in leadership required within two (2) years of employment.
- Strong commitment to organizational values and goals with an emphasis on providing outstanding customer service, both internal and external.
- Skill and proficiency in management, nursing and adult education
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to gather, sort, evaluate and act upon abstract data.
- Advanced leadership, planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and potentially large, complex projects and to direct the successful completion of initiatives and achievement of organizational goals.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communications abilities required to support and promote a respectful, inclusive culture of service excellence.
- Skills in developing and implementing long-range plans and programs, including measures of success.
- Demonstrated ability to use evidence based best practices to drive increased patient satisfaction results, associate engagement and leadership development.
- Ability to understand and prepare complex written materials, such as work plans and policies and procedures.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides educational leadership and guidance to the Methodist LeBonheur System to include development and execution of educational planning and budgeting.
- Plans, organizes, implements, and controls operations to meet departmental goals and objectives.
- Maintains and develops a competent, productive, and quality conscious workforce.
- Directs operating policies and procedures for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Promotes the flow of information by establishing, utilizing, and maintaining effective communication systems within and outside the department.
- Designs and disseminates educational programs to meet the needs of clinical associates across the system to include establishing key metrics to gauge performance, collaborating with IT to establish technology related to education, and working with nursing leadership to develop and plan seminar opportunities.
- Accepts authority and responsibility for staff/customer collaboration to enhance customer service.
- Directs unit based quality monitoring and evaluation activities and implements measures to ensure that hospital, regulatory agencies, and other quality standards are met.
- Promotes and maintains an environment that encourages and provides appropriate opportunity for the staff’s professional development and achievement of annual performance objectives.
- Collaborates with academic partners across the region to provide clinical practice opportunities for a variety of nursing and ancillary students.
- Communicates a clear vision of organizational values and expectations while encouraging an environment of associate involvement and creativity.
- Demonstrates effective customer relations, skills, promotes a positive work environment and contributes to the overall team effort.
- Provides overall coordination and direction for the Methodist Way and the Continuous Improvement Process.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work - exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.