What You Will Do:
University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center
- Provides the highest quality health care services to the communities we serve.
- Home to leading-edge technology, nationally recognized quality, personalized service and outstanding people.
- 272 beds and we're home to 2,200 employees and 700 physicians.
Under executive direction from the Sr Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, this position is responsible for directing, managing and coordinating the UM BWMC Clinical Education and Development Department (CED). Primary responsibilities include; overseeing the planning, design, and presentation of educational and experiential learning opportunities. Conducting a needs assessment of Nursing’s clinical and professional education and training. Participating in all Nursing leadership activities and serving as the Executive Sponsor for the Professional Advancement Model, the Nurse Residency Program, NSP I & II grants. Responsible for student affiliation process and serves as executive sponsor to Professional Development Council.
The Director, Clincal Education is an individual vested with 24 hour accountability.
- serve as a link between the hospital’s vision and the learning organization and is a leader who creates a vision of how things can be better; models constructive behavior and facilitates change, improvement and problem solving, coaching department leaders in performance enhancement and teaching the skills and techniques needed to achieve excellence.
Major responsibilities are:
- organizing, planning, directing and administering the Baltimore Washington Medical Center educators whose functions are orientation, education/training, competency development, competency validation and nursing resource support.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Master’s degreerequired; graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current registration with the Maryland State Board of Nursing.
- Five years of progressive management experience, three of which should have been in middle administration or adult education teaching position; membership and active participation in professional association(s) recommended.