At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible for the Clinical Documentation Program and the Clinical Documentation team of Registered Nurses. The CDI Director will work with the CDI Physician Advisor, clinicians, coders, and all members of the healthcare team to ensure program success and timely and accurate clinical documentation within medical records.
Director, Clinical Documentation is responsible for the Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) across all Memorial Hermann hospitals. The CDI Director will work with all members of the healthcare team to ensure timely and accurate clinical documentation within medical records. The ideal candidate should have:
- CDI leadership experience highly preferred
- Acute hospital nursing experience highly preferred
- Critical Care nursing experience preferred
- Understanding of Quality
- Experience working with Vizient rating system
- Must meet all the following Minimum Qualifications to be considered
Education: Bachelor of Nursing
Licenses/Certifications: Current licensure as an RN; CCS or Coding experience desirable
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of five (5) years in acute care and clinical documentation as well as recent leadership experience
- Advanced clinical expertise and extensive knowledge of complex disease processes with a broad clinical experience in an inpatient setting
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of Quality Improvement process
- Proficiency in negotiation of complex systems to effect change
- Proficiency in computer usage including database and spreadsheet analysis
- Understanding of organizational policies and procedures as well as extensive knowledge of regulatory systems
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Accountability for success of the CDI program; track and trend productivity and success.
- Day to day oversight of the program.
- Direct the CDI process flow.
- Provide CDI Team, physicians and administration ongoing feedback.
- Perform staff evaluations.
- Provide necessary feedback and conflict resolution to the CDI Team.
- Collaborate with Physician Liaison regarding physician resistance to the program and develop an action plan to address this if it occurs.
- Schedule and lead monthly Staff meetings.
- Contributes to a positive working environment and performs other duties as assigned or directed to enhance the overall efforts of the organization.
- Develops physician education strategies to promote complete and accurate clinical documentation and correct negative trends.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in assigned committees as appropriate.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.