MountainView Hospital is a state of the art, full service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the Valley. With a dedicated and talented staff of employees and outstanding physicians, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996. MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children’s Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
The Admin Director of Clinical Excellence will lead the development of physician alignment strategies through clinical transformational initiatives. This is a senior position with a key role in shaping how MountainView Hospital will transform health care in a multi-disciplinary approach. Integration with the clinical applications team, clinical research, graduate medical education and quality departments will focus on driving clinical excellence initiatives to synthesize a cohesive approach to improved outcomes.
1. Communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
2. Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships
3. Provides for effective communication and information transfer
4. Uses the chain of command to escalate problems or situations requiring administrative intervention
5. Acts as a resource for other members of the healthcare team and provides education, orientation and mentoring as needed
6. Lead the development of innovative projects to optimize clinical excellence inititatives and thereby creating sustainable platforms in clinical outcomes.
7. Development, execution, and support of education plan, tools and resources focused on the clinical innovation initiatives
8. Ongoing monitoring of various advanced clinicals usage trend reports. Identify gaps/areas of opportunity and develop action plan to address areas of concern
9. Provides leadership and representation on executive committees (Med Exec, Administration, etc.), serves as communications specialist for physician stakeholders.
10. Identify gaps and opportunities in departmental process mapping of current state and the future state workflows
11. Provide system and operations expertise for implementation of process & system changes
12. Works with Education Specialist to design and develop base education/training materials in clinical innovation processes to support staff training and continued education
13. Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
14. Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
Master’s Degree Required, ideally in a clinical specialty
License: Current Nevada license to practice Nursing required. Independently maintains license. Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice.
Certification: None required
Experience:Three to five years’ experience in clinical applications support or equivalent
Proficiency in Meditech, Microsoft Office applications
Customer service orientation and/or training
Job Code: 02270-8278