The Director of Clinical Admissions establishes a strong business presence with target audiences, including but not limited to: Acute Care providers, physicians, and others as identified within assigned geographic area to build awareness of Genesis HealthCare and its services. He/she matches service locations' capabilities to patient needs and facilitates patient flow from Acute Care providers into Genesis HealthCare to meet or exceed census and Q mix goals. He/she also makes patient acceptance and placement decisions on behalf of Genesis and communicates decisions to referral sources based on published performance standards.
1. Promote Genesis HealthCare, both internally and externally, within assigned hospitals. Serve as a business resource and initiate referral relationships where possible.
2. Present Genesis HealthCare philosophy and service capabilities to all appropriate individuals with whom he/she interacts.
3. Manage business activities based on an updated quarterly business plan with quantifiable goals.
4. Serving as liaison between Genesis HealthCare and hospital personnel, maintain a set visitation schedule to assigned hospitals.
5. Aggressively seek out potential clients and facilitate referrals into Genesis HealthCare service locations
6. Complete pre-admission assessment accurately either personally or telephonically to gather clinical and financial information and identify optimal service location.
7. Triage clinical cases in Yellow or NonStandard criteria to appropriate Area designee, e.g. Clinical Services Manager, CareLine Nurse or Center DN.
8. Communicate clinical acceptance based on area clinical criteria, e.g. Red, Yellow, Green or Standard/NonStandard criteria.
9. Make placement decision by booking center reservation.
10. In collaboration with Discharge Planner and center, schedule patient transition to center.
11. Respond to referrals based on published productivity/performance standards.
12. Monitor re-hospitalized Genesis patients to ensure earliest possible return into Genesis HealthCare Nursing Center.
13. Identify opportunities for and threats to business and communicate this information to appropriate personnel.
14. Monitor business contacts, referrals, admissions, re-admissions and dispositions and communicate changes in trends or referral patterns to appropriate staff and management.
15. Use Genesis technologies to document activities; submit reports and summaries in compliance with policy.
16. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current RN preferred licensure in the state in which employment occurs.2. Five to seven years of recent clinical experience.3. Valid driver's license.4. Preferred case management experience.5. Must read, write and speak the English language.6. Experience in business/development preferred.7. Prior experience in utilization review or discharge planning preferred.8. Certifications: CCM, CRRN or CIRS preferred.