As a Director of Client Services, you will be leading a client services department of approximately 150+ employees, which includes 6-8 direct reports. This leadership role is a critical part of the Secure & Customer Solutions, Inc. team (SCS), which is an 1100+ employee and $210M+ division of Taylor Communications. This division provides regulatory digital communication products and services to Fortune 500 companies, primarily in the financial, mortgage and insurance industries.
Key initiatives for 2019 and beyond include creating rapid business growth strategy in partnership with our Sales and Technology teams, as well as driving operational e?ectiveness across Client Services, in support of our commitment to be our client’s ?rst choice for their secure and customer digital communications business.
As the Client Services Director, you will be responsible to lead our continued transformation from strong partner to an advisor with our clients. You will drive organizational e?ectiveness through identifying continuous improvement opportunities in current work?ow and processes. You will lead your team to consistently deliver measurable results regarding client satisfaction, year-over-year revenue & profit growth, and other performance metrics – plus have some fun working in a positive and dynamic work culture, leading an incredible team.
Focus and Deliverables for First 12 Months:
- Direct all operation activities within Client Services including hiring, training, scheduling oversight and improvement of key performance indicators, leadership and execution of growth activities and associate development and mentoring.
- Provide strategic planning for Client Services, create buy-in among the staff, skills implementing process and system improvements. Serve as a liaison between senior leadership and the client services team to cascade organizational strategies, growth and performance goals to all of the client services team members.
- Create and manage best practices and methodologies for successful Client Service engagements throughout the customer life-cycle.
- Drive delivery and success of services across customers to document, demonstrate and increase customer satisfaction.
- Develop, document and implement policies and procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Client Service Department.
- Monitor programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Design a cross functional formal escalation process and policy to communicate to customers and rapidly respond to customer needs.
- Set performance standards to meet service goals of company.
- Ensure that staff is sufficiently trained and managed to accomplish shared goals.
- Establish training programs to achieve consistent process and performance standards across all contact centers.
- Interfaces regularly with key customers, sales and account management staff.
- Build a team environment through regular employee incentive and recognition programs and activities to drive results.
- Coach and develop all team members on quality of service being delivered via phone and email using Quality Monitoring program.
- Achieve and drive to exceed all revenue and performance growth targets.
- Measure Customer Service Representatives’ performance and makes employment decisions.
- Generate constructive feedback to the leadership team regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Provide feedback to operations and technology teams to ensure all customers have accurate and timely information on order status and/or changes.
- Champion innovative and market-leading products and services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop specific short and long-term account plans that both meet the needs of business unit leads and optimize revenue and retention opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Abilities:
- 7+ years of experience, including: extensive industry and product knowledge – insurance and financial, or related industries.
- Transformational leadership style and experience.
- Advanced client relationship management expertise.
- Expert process improvement and methodology driven organizational development.
- Able to lead, enable and influence culture initiatives.
- Multi-disciplinary leadership and management skills.
- Experienced revenue growth leader.
- Consultative and/or solution sales experience.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex customer issues. Listening and in?uencing business decisions.
- Accomplished at meeting or exceeding key performance measurements.
- Expert at collaborating across multi-disciplinary internal teams.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication.
- Advanced usage of Microsoft O?ce Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Skilled in Customer Relationship Management software (e.g., WorkFront, SAP, CRM).
- Experienced at managing large virtual teams.
- Proven leadership in planning, organizing and managing a wide-geographic client service team in a comparable B2B environment.
- Passion for technology solutions and innovation.
- Demonstrated sales expansion and development experience.
- Exceptional execution skills and the ability to think big.
- Experience working in digital communications, especially in technology software solutions related to secure/customer communications or financial industries.
- Demonstrated Working for a company providing software based solutions and customer communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Client Services/Relationship Management, Business, Sales, Marketing, Finance, or related discipline