Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest.
The Director of Client Service Operations & Innovation will be responsible for providing and maintaining world class tools & technology to support our Post Sales organization. You will also develop and execute a comprehensive tools and systems strategy to support the business needs of the Gannett/ReachLocal post sales organization.
This position must be based in Plano, TX and reports into the Vice President of Service Operations & Innovation.
- Improve the customer and employee experience by understanding their needs and identifying/implement cutting edge solutions to solve for gaps and needs.
- Work with product and business systems teams to develop an innovation roadmap that will ensure our clients have a great experience with our services team at each stage of their journey.
- Ensure that all tools and systems are applicable for employees who work in a call center, and for those who work in the field.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to continuously needs and update roadmaps as necessary.
- Work with sales, service, marketing, and other departments to rollout new solutions across the organization.
- Measure effectiveness of system and tool rollouts and enhancements.
- Manage key vendor relationships.
- Oversee relationship with India from a tools & systems perspective.
- Oversee team of tools & systems analysts and prioritize work/projects.
- Ability to network with executive leadership and drive/lead through change.
- Demonstrates proficiency in rolling out key systems and tools to large organizations.
- Demonstrates proficiency and mastery of key technologies and systems used in client services including: workflow automation, soft phone integration, survey integration, Salesforce, and more.
- Deep understanding of working with Salesforce in a service capacity is critical to success (ideally candidate has managed Salesforce Architects in the past).
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to finish pilots and rollouts on time.
- Demonstrates proficiency in customer relationship management tools (i.e. Salesforce).
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Highly organized and demonstrates ability to follow through on what is agreed upon.
- Ability to escalate issues and resolve in a timely manner.
- Can analyze and communicate results to executives.
- Comfort Around Higher Management
- Can present to more executives without undue tension and nervousness.
- Can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
- Can determine the best way to get things done, by talking the appropriate language and responding to their audience’s unique needs.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills- able to convincingly sell ideas and plans to internal constituencies, executives, prospects, sales team and analysts.
- Decision Quality
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment .
- Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Directing Others
- Maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results.
- Is a clear communicator.
- Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
- Is able to influence others.
- Organizational Agility
- Understands the origin and reasoning behind sales and service approach.
- Understands the unique cultures of various organizations.
- Constantly reviews other organizations in an attempt to provide best practices.
- Understands different client reporting technologies and best practices for how results can be effectively communicated to clients.
- Understands order entry systems and can make recommendations on improvements to reduce time to enter.
- Understands call center software that can improve employee and client experience.
- Can quickly understand different legacy systems that may also support the employee of client experience.
- 10+ years of experience with a proven track record in designing, deploying and managing tools and systems that are customer and/or employee facing.
- Success in a previous role with similar responsibilities.
- Previous experience in deploying Salesforce, and Service Console across large service organizations is a must.
- Project & process management experience.
- Requires strong oral and written skills with a customer service focus.
- Previous background communicating, setting, and managing expectations with internal stakeholders and external client stakeholders.
- Must have experience planning, designing, implementing and supporting systems or tools that are employee or client facing.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills.
- Ability to perform analysis on channel performance from large data sets to develop and measure programs.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while ensuring details aren’t missed.
10 - 15% - This role requires air and car travel to various locations within the USA Today Network.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.