Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, researches, and pursues prospects to generate new business for the Firm.
- Makes cold calls and maintains contact with prospects and clients through telephone, e-mail, and mail.
- Meets with prospects regarding potential engagements.
- Builds and maintains key relationships with significant Firm prospects.
- Maintains entries in the Firm’s Prospect Register and/or Microsoft® CRM.
- Pursues tax/geography/industry-specific issues with prospects based on information provided by Firm Principals and Practice Leaders.
- Coordinates sales efforts with Firm Principals and Practice Leaders in order to perform joint-selling activities.
- Attends tax conferences, both local and national, in order to generate new leads of qualified prospects.
- Develops responses to requests for proposals.
- Provides support to Principals in deal negotiations, contract development, and due diligence.
- Understands service-line offerings with sufficient depth to be able to discuss service-line offerings with prospects.
- Maintains an understanding of the Firm’s active alliance partners’ products and service lines in order to sell alliance partner services to prospects and clients, if appropriate.
- Utilizes Internet tools (i.e., OneSource) to research opportunities for prospects and clients.
- Stays current on tax issues that may create sales opportunities with prospects and clients.
- Generates necessary documentation to assist in deal closing (presentations, engagement letters, etc.).
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent with six to eight years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired.