Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 7 million Americans save for the future. Our College Savings division, has an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned call center leader to be responsible for the development, oversight and execution of all call center functions servicing multiple 529 College Savings and 529A ABLE plans.
Successful candidates should have demonstrated experience supervising a large group of associates, team leads and managers across multiple geographical locations by demonstrating a strong balance of financial industry knowledge and leadership abilities. In addition, have: a solid understanding of software applications used to support a call center is critical to participating in the strategic direction of these teams and collaboration with peers; demonstrated technical aptitude is critical in this role as the leader must be able to understand staffing models and align resources during peak volume seasons and unexpected changes in the workflow or vendor confidence; and the ability to be flexible and agile in thinking and acting is critical to achieving quality and timeliness in service levels mandated by partners and clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all call center operations
- Ensure timeliness service levels are achieved through appropriate staffing levels
- Meet quality service levels through monitoring and ongoing coaching
- Provide daily feedback and coach direct reports in leadership and management of the daily business needs
- Continually analyze and manage responses to volumes, workflow and resource allocation
- Communicate with key business partners and clients on needs and issues
- Ensure compliance with all organizational regulations and initiatives
- Use data analytics to study performance and define state of the industry metrics while driving teams to meet those goals
- Ensure the appropriate Key Performance Indicators exist at all levels and that the supporting processes are in place to ensure best in class results are achieved on a consistent basis.
- Develop and manage organizational budgets, manage team to achieve financial targets, and identify/implement cost-saving initiatives aligned with strategic priorities
- Have a keen aptitude for technology, and work with our technology teams to evolve our roadmaps and adopt new tools for improving efficiency and quality.
- Identify and support training initiatives that enhance performance across teams in line with overall business goals and objectives
- Provide mentoring to leadership in all facets of the client service roles with a focus on leadership development
- Partner with VP of Client Services and peers in creating and managing a strategic plan for all areas of the operation; recommend proactive improvements with a budget conscious viewpoint
- Facilitate and participate in calls with partners; develop and maintain internal and external relationships across the organization
- Periodically oversee and assist with other functions and staffing needs for other areas
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years professional experience
- Minimum 7years’ experience in the financial services industry
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in the financial industry with experience in call centers and/or transfer agency staff
- Knowledge of workforce management software
- Requirement to obtain necessary financial series supervisory licenses if not already held, within 6months of hire (FINRA6 and 26 or FINRA7 and 24)
- Flexibility throughout the year with a focus on peak seasons
- Prior project management and/or process improvement experience
- Demonstrated technical expertise
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills are critical for success in this role
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of 529 savings plans preferred but not required
- Travelrequired for professional development and business related needs