The Client Services Director is a senior-level role responsible for creating and managing a referencable client base within their assigned territory. The Director will manage teams of Implementation Managers and Implementation Consultants while holding them accountable for the successful implementation of the Charles River Investment Management Solution. In addition, the Director will work with sales leadership to develop business through positioning and selling services for new and existing customers. This role will interface with existing and prospective clients and all internal divisions of the company and reports to the VP of Client Services.
- Oversee staff which includes senior implementation managers, product specialists and implementation managers and consultants of their client projects.
- Hire staff; ensure they are properly mentored, trained and motivated.
- Ensure all team personnel are effectively staffed and utilized.
- Achieve Implementation Services group revenue goals and utilization targets.
- Achieve individual group customer satisfaction targets.
- Complete project reviews on a regularly scheduled basis which includes:
- Review implementation status and resolve implementation issues
- Work hands on with clients as necessary, with the goal of achieving successful, on schedule, on budget projects, as well as a high level of client satisfaction with implementation services.
- Ultimately responsible for delivery of each implementation upon which staff participates.
- Build senior level relationships within client portfolio
- Serve as liaison to Sales, R&D (Product Management, Engineering and QA) or other departments with needs or dependencies on services (and vice versa) to share expertise, escalate, champion/resolve issues, etc…Continuously improve implementation practices and procedures such as estimating, scoping, quality assurance reviews, methodologies, and reengineering to deliver cost effective and efficient deployments.
- Ensure that all staff adheres to policies and procedures.
- Participate in Sales process:
- Present implementation methodology and procedures overview to prospects (on-site and/or remotely)
- Respond to ad-hoc design and best practice questions from prospects and customers
- Prepare realistic estimates, assumption documents, and SOWs for delivery to prospects and where necessary for inclusion in customer contracts.
- Compose and conduct staff reviews. Review and assess personnel for compensation and promotion purposes.
- Maintain utilization of 20-30% (1 – 1.5 days per week) via value-add management activities such as project reviews, specialized support, kick-off ad hoc meetings, etc…
- Review and approve Expenses and Time Entries
- Lead meetings
- Bi-weekly team meetings
- Project Reviews (internal and external)
- Account Reviews
Required Competencies & Experience:
- Experience implementing financial systems and delivering multi-tier financial applications
- Experience managing portfolio of clients and building senior level relationships
- Proven experience in managing team of 10+ consultants
- Consulting skills and experience
- Ability to apply priorities and match staff ability to customer requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to develop and manage cross functional processes and project timelines
- Understanding of the implementation lifecycle and methodologies
- Proven ability to recommend and apply industry and technical best practices
- Strong contributor with high motivation, with the ability to take initiative, set priorities and perform tasks with minimal guidance
- Bachelors Degree
- 10+ years of experience
Ideal Competencies & Experience
- Specific knowledge of the investment industry (financial instruments, workflows, major players, trends, etc.)
Strong management background; ability to work tactically and strategically