Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Director, Analytic Solutions leads project delivery for NPD’s market sizing and categoryforecasting offerings, and will at times contribute to delivery of projects in other areas of the practice.
This role contributes to growth by retaining and expanding sales to existing client, by delivering high-impact results that drive successful outcomes for clients. The role also supports the sales process to new and existing clients, by refining our understanding of a business issue and designing the best approach to address it.
This is a client-facing leadership role in the client impact and delivery team within NPD’s analytic solutions group. It includes a mix of project management, team leadership, and proposal support, with some hands-on modeling.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the delivery process from initial client discussion to successful resolution of the business issue
- Work with business development and client management teams to understand client needs and respond with a project plan that will use NPD data and analytics to resolve their issue; support the development of clear, concise proposals to explain and sell the work
- Oversee situation assessment, data preparation, modeling, reporting, and results interpretation for a project team as an input to recommendation for client work; sometimes perform this work directly
- Ensure timely delivery of personal and team deliverables, resolving barriers and escalating as needed to meet commitments
- Consistently deliver error-free work, personally and via your team
- Collaborate with our retailer, research science, operations, and R&D teams to ensure successful project delivery; develop processes and software platforms to enable more scalable delivery
- Contribute to product discovery activities by keeping informed on industry and academic developments in your field and sharing with our teams
- Participate in recruiting and training efforts for our team
- Ensure that sufficient resources in our team are trained on market sizing methodologies
- Collaborate with sales teams to keep pipeline estimates current and manage workload
- Manage the workload and career development for a small group of analytics professionals
Skills and Other Requirements
- Collaborative work style
- Proven project management and delegation skills
- Interest in helping clients succeed
- Experience using approached related to market sizing and categoryforecasting
- Experience working with large, structured data sets; familiarity with unstructured big datapreferred
- Proficiency in coding and coaching coders in SAS and SQL; familiarity with otherlanguages preferred (especially Python)
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Proven ability to listen and clarify client objectives to translate their needs into a clear and feasible plan for resolving their business issue
- Comfort presenting to, proposing to, and negotiating with clients and sales teams
- Demonstrated project management and team leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex methods to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to train, manage, and develop people
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities effectively
- 8-10 years of related experience in marketing analytics or similar field
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, masters or higher preferred
- Willingness to travel 10-30% as needed