Purpose of the role
The Director, East Coast Client Engagement plays a strategic role in the identification, management and execution of new business activity on the East Coast. The focus of this role is to drive and increase PR, digital, and integrated communications and marketing new business opportunities by identifying and proactively approaching potential prospects. The Director works with the wider team to generate leads, develop pitches and, ultimately, to secure new clients. This person takes a lead role in representing the business at conferences and networking events.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Works with the SVP, US Client Engagement and team to identify target businesses, utilising on and offline networks to establish connections with key decision makers and budget holders
- Develops and maintains a map of relevant businesses and organisations, making use of this knowledge to create targeted campaigns and maximise the impact of approaches
- Assists in responding to RFIs and RFPs (within deadline) with the aim of securing pitch opportunities
- Assists in developing pitches for prospects, collaboratively developing strategic insight, messaging and creative concepts
- Understands and capitalizes on the unique selling points of LEWIS and is able to leverage these against competitor offerings
- Identifies and drives cascade opportunities between practices/services
- Works in conjunction with the global marketing team to promote LEWIS as a leading provider of integrated communications services
- Maintains an accurate database of prospects
- Produces regular, accurate, comprehensive reports on new business activity and results.
Digital / Social Media
- Actively promotes the integration of digital and creative product solutions to new clients, developing the uptake of services offered by LEWIS
- Uses social media to recognise industry trends and proactively promotes new tools, solutions and processes to continuously evolve and optimise selling opportunities for LEWIS services
- Works collaboratively with other teams increase the utilisation and selling of digital services.
Team working and development
- Sets credential/pitch team objectives and tasks with appropriate timelines?
- Defines deliverable pitch objectives and sets standards of excellence, driving commitment from all levels of the team
- Acts as a respected leader, working closely with wider teams to maximise strengths, work on development areas and supportcareer development.
- Runs and supports training sessions, with a view to maximising opportunities to expand team skills and grow revenues
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its identity, values and work
- Supports the HR team by promoting, both internally and externally, opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Maintains a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of industry (competitors’ and clients’) activities
- Overall, acts as a guardian of best practice.
- 7-10 years experience of working in a B2B, corporate, consumer PR or digital communications agency; some tech sector experiencepreferred
- Demonstrable success at delivering new business/clients and increasing client revenues
- Highly commercial, with a proven track record of commercially impacting a business via lead generation and strategic client consultancy
- Has a solid understanding of the wider communications and marketing industry
- Well versed in social media and the integrated selling of digital marketing within a wider communications context
- Able to provide consultancy on comms requirements as well as broader marketing strategy
- Considered, assertive and influential; a strong leader with the skills and aptitude to successfully secure new clients.